Hello and welcome to UCA!

As one of the largest specialist creative arts universities in Europe, we offer a truly global perspective in creative education, with 17 per cent of our students coming to study with us from overseas. We have a diverse international community that welcomes students from 91 nations from all over the world.

How to apply

If you are applying for a pre-degree or postgraduate course, you should apply directly to us using UCA’s online application form for your chosen courseIf you are applying for postgraduate research you should apply directly to us using the research proposal form.

If you are applying for a full-time undergraduate course, you can either apply to us directly or through UCAS. If you are only applying to UCA we would recommend that you apply direct to us. If you are applying to more than one university in the UK, please apply through UCAS. You can find out more about our courses by taking a look at our Study at UCA page.

For more information about studying at UCA as an international student you can also take a look at our International study page.

Entry requirements

We will consider equivalent qualifications from your home country for entry onto our Foundation, Bachelor’s and Master’s courses. 

Additional information

Visas and immigration

If you need a Tier 4 student visa to study in the UK, you can find a range of useful information on our Visas & immigration page, including guidance on how to apply, the documents you will need to provide and the costs.

Pre-departure guide

Our International Pre-departure guide gives you all the information that you might need for studying in the UK, from the moment you are offered a place, to your first few weeks at UCA.

US loan information

  • View US loan information

    Applying for your US Loan

    Federal Student Aid

    The University for the Creative Arts are registered to administer US Federal Student Aid for eligible American students studying on our Bachelor’s and Masters’ courses, and this is managed by the International Admissions and Finance teams.

    The steps for applying are as follows:

    1. Submit your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

    Apply online at

    You will need the University for the Creative Arts school code for your application – it is G23389. If you are continuing at UCA you should complete a new FAFSA each year. 

    2. Check your Student Aid Report

    Once the US Department of Education has processed your FAFSA, you will receive a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) by email. Please review it to check it is accurate, and ensure that it includes an EFC (estimated family contribution) and the details of any previous loans. If there are issues highlighted in the ‘Comments about your information’ section at the end of the SAR, you must solve these. When your SAR is finalised, please email us at to confirm and we will download and check your SAR. The US Department of Education will tell you that your school has been notified of your FAFSA but this does not actually happen for institutions outside the US.

    3. Selective Service

    If you are male you need to have signed up to Selective Service before you were 26. If you have not yet done this, you can do so at If you are over 26 you will need to provide us with details of your citizenship status or proof of exemption.

    4. Complete your Cost of Attendance

    We will send you a calculated cost of attendance spread sheet. Please review and amend this to show how much you wish to borrow, and then email it back to us. The yellow boxes are the only parts you need to amend, and please note that you MUST complete this in Microsoft Excel.

    5. Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)

    You must complete a new Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and this is required every year. Please email this to us at You will need to complete an MPN for the Stafford loan and, if applicable, a separate MPN for your Plus Loan. This can be done at

    6. Complete Entrance Counselling

    Complete the Entrance Counselling at and email us evidence it has been completed – such as a screen print or the certificate as an attachment.

    When we have all the required documents from you, we will originate your Federal Student Aid disbursements using the US Department of Education’s online system. When this has been approved by the Department of Education, we will send you a letter with the loan amount to be available when you have enrolled, and the disbursement dates. You will be able to use this letter as part of your visa application.

    We will contact you in advance of your first disbursement to check whether you wish to change or refuse it, and to find out how much of it you wish to put to tuition fees and how much you want to be transferred to your bank account. Once you have enrolled on your course, you must inform us if you have any plans to withdraw or interrupt your studies. We will be able to advise you on how this will affect your Federal Aid payments, and what you need to do. 

    Sallie Mae loans

    If you intend to apply for a private Sallie Mae loan, we will also administer this for you. You can find more information at Please contact us at to let us know when you have submitted your application so that we can check and certify it for you. 

    Other US loans and grants

    Please note that Current Federal legislation prohibits US citizens enrolled at a foreign university (outside of the US) from receiving Pell Grants, SEOG, Perkins Loans and Federal Work Study Funds. 

    Further questions

    If you have any questions about this, please contact us at and we will be happy to help.

All UCA events

We run and attend events across the UK and all over the world - come and meet us, and discover the creative opportunities that UCA can offer you. Follow the link for full listings.

Other UCA locations

You also have the opportunity to study some of our courses at two highly unique and specialist locations.

Virtual Tours

Take a look around our campuses and view 360 images of some of our creative studio spaces and workshops.

Take a tour


UCA is on hand to help you with all your accommodation needs as you start your course. 

Get a prospectus

All you need to know for undergraduate and pre-degree entry.

UCA Publications

Download our publications, including our 2018 Pre-degree, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Business Prospectus.

Any questions?

We have a dedicated team of experts ready to answer your questions.

General enquiries:

Phone: +44 (0) 1252 892 883

Admissions enquiries:

Phone: +44 (0) 1252 892 838 

My Courses


Course level

Course title