Performing Arts degrees
If your dream is to get into theatre, film or TV as a performer, writer or designer, our Performing Arts degree courses will give you the skills, knowledge and contacts you need to succeed.
Whether you want to become an actor, write the next blockbuster or make a career in technical theatre as a costume, set or prop designer, our courses will give you the chance to learn from performing arts professionals with strong industry links. You'll even take on projects and placements with organisations like the Royal Opera House, National Theatre and Pinewood Studios.
Along the way, you'll collaborate with students on other courses, from animation and film to music, fashion, gaming, and television production, building an impressive portfolio and a network of contacts that you'll take with you into your career.
Throughout your course, you'll work in our industry-grade workshops, rehearsal and performance spaces, and stage your work in professional venues beyond our campuses, including Farnham Maltings.
Our Performing Arts courses will prepare you for a range of career paths and different types of work, including:
- Acting in theatre, TV, radio or film projects
- Forming or running a theatre company
- Performing in commercials (film or audio)
- Voicing computer games and animations
- Delivering community theatre projects
- Acting in corporate films
- Live role-play in business training
- Prop, set or costume design
- Product, prop and costume buying
- Gallery curation or administration
- Product manufacturing
Performing Arts news
Explore the latest news from this subject area.View all news
"The main reason I chose UCA was because the course allowed me to study both theatre and film techniques – I wanted to experience both practices." Gabrielle Louise Ellison, BA (Hons) Acting & Performance