Policies and Procedures
This page contains the regulations, policies and procedures, including the Common Credit Framework and Taught Course Regulations, underpinning the governance and management of all courses offered by the University.
Enrolment on to a University course is conditional upon students agreeing to familiarise themselves and comply with all University regulations and policies as listed below. Policies marked with * form part of the student contract.
UCA has recently launched a new and enhanced undergraduate curriculum for Level 3 and Level 4 students that has required us to update our Academic Regulations and Grading Descriptors. As an organisation we have also responded to changes in the new OfS conditions of registration.
As part of these changes UCA has adjusted the pass mark for Level 7 postgraduate units. This change applies to all postgraduate students who enrolled onto a programme with us for the first time in September 2022 (excluding courses within the Business School for the Creative Industries at Epsom). The pass threshold for students on these courses will be adjusted to 50% from the current pass mark of 40%, to align with the wider Higher Education sector.
To ensure that students are provided with a consistent and transparent academic experience we have set out the Academic Regulations and Grading Descriptors below that relate to each level of study whilst we are in a period of transition during the 2022-23 academic year:
Governance and Legal
- Data Protection Policy (PDF)*
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy (PDF)*
- Freedom of Information Policy (PDF)*
- Freedom of Speech and Expression Code Of Practice (PDF)
- External Speaker Policy (PDF)*
- Whistleblowing (Public Interest Disclosure) Policy (PDF)
- UCA Records Retention Policy (PDF)
- Education Act 1994 Section 22 Code of Practice (PDF)
Health, Safety and Support
- Student Health and Safety Induction (PDF)*
- Student Work Risk Assessment (Installation)
- Student Work Risk Assessment (Production)
- Student Pregnancy & Maternity Parental Leave Policy and Guidance (PDF)
- Student Pregnancy & Maternity Parental Leave Policy Appendix B: Pregnancy Risk Assessment (PDF)
- Bullying & Harassment Policy (PDF)*
- Safeguarding Policy (PDF)
- Staff and Student ID Card Policy (PDF)*
- Smoking Policy (PDF)*