We will consider equivalent qualifications from your home country for entry onto our Foundation, Bachelor’s and Master’s courses. Please see below for details of the accepted qualifications (including English language qualifications) for each level of course. Each application we receive is considered individually and therefore these qualifications are provided as a guide.
For our International Foundation in Art, Design and Media, we usually require that you have:
A minimum of 32 new UCAS tariff points from your Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education.
For our Bachelor's courses, we usually require that you have:
Between 64 and 128 new UCAS tariff points from your Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education, depending on the Bachelor's course you apply for.
For our Master's courses, we usually require that you have:
- Successful completion of your Bachelor's degree from a recognised university
- For the Master of Architecture (MArch), we require the equivalent of a UK 2:1 Honours degree in Architecture. The exact grade required will be confirmed at the time of application
English Language requirements:
Satisfactory IELTS scores are required. Please check here for the scores required for your course.
- Hong Kong Diploma for Secondary Education (HKDSE) English Pass:
- Level 2 or above for English for Creative Arts
- Level 3 or above for GDAD & UCAIC UG Stage 0
- Level 4 or above for undergraduate, UCAIC PG Stage 0 and postgraduate direct entry
- Level 5 or above for MBA
As well as academic qualifications, some of our courses require a portfolio of work or audition piece. You can find out more about specific requirements on the entry requirements section of each individual course page; take a look at our courses page to see all available courses. If you are not sure if you have the necessary qualifications for the course you wish to take, please contact our Admissions team with scanned copies of your qualifications – they will be able to advise you further.