Information from students from Hong Kong

We are delighted you are considering joining UCA to study! Here, you will be able to set your creativity free, learn a wealth of transferable skills, get unique industry insight and be prepared for a successful career in the creative industries.

This page should give you all the information you need to know about applying to UCA from your country, and more about life at UCA too.

And, if you have any questions, see the Get In Touch section to call or email your country’s specialist contact.

Entry requirements

If you do not have UK qualifications, we will consider equivalent qualifications from Hong Kong for entry onto our Foundation, Bachelor’s and Master’s courses.

Each application we receive is considered individually and therefore these qualifications are provided as a guide.

Please also check the entry requirements on the specific course you are interested in to check for course-specific requirements.

If you are not sure if you have the necessary qualifications please contact

For our Bachelor's courses, we usually require that you have between 64 and 112 new UCAS tariff points from your Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education, depending on the Bachelor's course you apply for.

For our International Foundation in Creative Practices and our Integrated International Foundation courses, we usually require that you have a minimum of 32 new UCAS tariff points from your Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education.

For our Master’s courses, we usually require that you have successfully completed a Bachelor's degree at a recognised university.

We accept the a Hong Kong Diploma for Secondary Education (HKDSE) English Pass at the following levels:

  • Level 3 or above for international foundation year courses
  • Level 4 or above for undergraduate, Integrated Pre Master and postgraduate courses
  • Level 5 or above for the MBA course

Scholarships & bursaries

UCA offers a number of fee discounts, also known as scholarships, specific to students from overseas.

These discounts are available to new international students and international alumni, who have graduated within the last three years. 

To find out more about what is available, whether you are eligible, and how to apply, visit our scholarships page.

Overseas representatives

UCA works with a number of overseas representatives who can help you make an application to UCA. 

British United Education Services

Amber Education 

SI-UK HK (Study International UK)



HKIES Overseas Education Centre

Crown Education

Link Education

Virtual campus tours

Virtual campus tours

Take a look around our campuses and facilities

View the virtual campus tours

Get in touch

Please let the country manager know if you have any questions or need help with your application!

Luke Simmons

  • Senior International Officer (East Asia) 
  • Email:
  • Phone/WhatsApp: +44 (0)7814 650 495
  • LINE: lukehcsimmons
  • KakaoTalk: LukeUCA
  • WeChat ID: Luke_UCA