Posted 18 May 2018
Title: Junior Web Designer
Reports to: Head of Design
Based at: EO Group Ltd, Dome House, 48 Artillery Lane, London, E1 7LS.
The EO Group is the leading UK online office supplies company serving the SME market and comprises two UK brands (Euroffice.co.uk & UKofficedirect.co.uk) operating out of the Group’s London HQ in the City, and two international brands (in Italy and Germany) operating out of Milan. In addition to the core business, The EO Group has developed a high growth ecommerce trading platform for local office supplies dealers (Office Power). Through its technology enabled marketing and online trading platforms, The EO Group continues to lead the way in disrupting the office supplies market.
The EO Group develops efficient trading, operational and marketing processes through technology enabled platforms. All fulfilment is outsourced, and allowing the business to operate a stockless model. Historically revenue and profit have been delivered through end-customer online marketing platforms but in the last 4 years the group has launched Office Power, a white label, dealer trading platform, which is enjoying accelerated growth.
Office Power provides independent office supplies dealers with a unique business transformation opportunity that delivers much needed financial and operational support. By accessing the Office Power platform, the dealers benefit from The EO Group’s buying power whilst Office Power takes care of all the dealers’ invoicing, cash collection and post sale customer service. In addition, The EO Group’s wholesalers drop ship the products to the dealers’ customers direct, so the dealers no longer need to arrange delivery. Finally, Office Power provides each dealer with its own, state of the art, branded web site. These changes allow the dealers to massively reduce their overheads and to reallocate their time focussing on developing their sales opportunities and customer relationships to grow their businesses
The EO Group is backed by Darwin Private Equity.
The UK office supplies market is estimated to be worth £6bn. The EO Group’s target market (SMEs and online) is worth £1.2bn in the UK. Within France, Germany, Italy and Spain, the target market is estimated to be worth €7.5bn. Combined, The EO Group’s target market is worth over €8.5bn.
Organic growth and increased profitability will come from a higher penetration of the core brands in the UK & European customer base, through the delivery of high levels of customer service, targeted online marketing and the continued development of brand loyalty.
About the Role
This is a fabulous opportunity for a Junior Web Designer to put their mark on a leading B2B retail website with an award-winning eCommerce business. Your responsibilities include not only creating a best-in-class websites, but also ensuring that we make the greatest cut-through across all of our digital marketing.
Top 5 Accountabilities
- Create on-site promotional digital assets.
- Design and Build HTML emails in accordance to our promotional plan and brand guidelines.
- To act as a custodian of the Euroffice, UK Office Direct, Office Power Brands
- Collaborate with marketing team to produce compelling creative concepts and marketing campaigns.
- Create and maintain presentation templates for new business and internal use in compliance with brand guidelines.
Your Knowledge & Experience
You are a web designer with a commitment to a user-centred design process, exceling in both online and offline design. You will have experience working on creative concepts, marketing campaigns and the design of digital assets within brand guidelines. You will have experience of designing for brand Identity and have a great command of typography, iconography and design conception.
- Strong grounding in typography, layout and graphic design disciplines ideally to a degree level.
- Create brand graphics, icons and product visuals for use within the company product interfaces as well as for use in company marketing materials and presentations.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design.
- Working knowledge of HTML / CSS to design and build of HTML emails.
- Good working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- You will possess a user-centric approach to design, with the ability to design for multiple channels.
- Ideally you will be equally proficient and comfortable working on a PC or Mac.
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in web design and an outstanding online portfolio.
- You are interested in using design to enhance brand values and understand the importance of consistency.
- You are passionate for all things digital and always looking for new trends and developments.
- Experience in preparing artwork for print would be a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of working with a mix of stakeholders and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to learn and self-improve to maintain productivity.
- Customer driven
- Encourages a strong team spirit
- Embraces change
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial thinking
- Takes ownership
- Adopts a learning mind-set
- Builds trusting relationships
We use a set of values developed by all of us to articulate our culture.
Our values define our personality. By encouraging an environment of respect, understanding and support we can achieve amazing things, both individually and together. When we know and believe in what we’re doing – and why we’re doing it - It becomes infectious, in a good way, and drives our success. We have a set of values that we’re all committed to – our way of ensuring that we don’t stray too far from what Euroffice is all about.
We put customers first (Focus, Commitment)
We know who’s good for us. Our customers’ needs are understood and thought about in every decision we make. We take time to get to know our customers, what makes them tick and keeps them coming back for more.
We love office life (Fun, Passion)
We don’t think offices should be boring places. Many of us spend lots of time in them, which is why we do our very best to make being at work enjoyable and rewarding. We want to make our own office a great place to work and to help our customers to do the same.
We’re proud to be different (Creativity, Conviction)
We are no ordinary bunch of people. We thrive on innovation and originality, encouraging each other to take on new challenges and to show creativity and quick thinking in everything we do with each other and our customers.
We think big, but remember where we came from (Approachable and Friendly)
Business is not about suits and ties. We think smart and bring big ideas to the table but like to make stuff happen. Like a small business we know each other, remember customers’ names and never forget the small actions that create big value.
We’re never done (Listening, Learning, and Innovating)
We fire on all cylinders. We make things better and faster through open minds and teamwork, constantly measuring and changing. Some call it a learning mind-set, some call it flexibility, the Japanese call it kaizen. We call it just another day at the office.
We are ‘go-to’ people (Energetic, Responsible)
We are a company full of ‘go-to’ people, who not only get things done but also help each other and our customers by being accessible, proactive and accountable for our actions.
All feedback is a gift (Open-minded, Trust)
It’s all about give and take. We love it when brave and honest people tell us what they think. We are responsible and caring in the way that we share our opinions and this helps us to figure things out and build lifelong relationships with each other and our customers.
- Full time
- £21,000 per annum
- Location: Liverpool St, London
- All applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
- Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: ongoing