Posted 7 June 2018
Taylor & Hart is an award winning engagement ring and jewellery ecommerce brand, based out of London and trading worldwide (with customers in the UK, US, Europe, Singapore, Canada and Australia).
We provide our customers a bespoke jewellery shopping experience, offering them the opportunity to create a highquality custom engagement ring or jewellery piece through a seamless process facilitated by our consultants in our showroom and via online communication channels.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our fast growing team.
We are based in the City of London (close to Monument Station).
The Grad Program
The goal of the program is to train and develop new starters to transition into our fulltime consultant role in 6 to 12 months. During this time your role will be multifaceted as you learn about every part of the company:
- Production & Sourcing: Learn how our rings and jewellery pieces are made and where our gems come from and assist the team in delivering stunning prodcts to customers around the world.
- Customer Service: Communicate with customers who've placed an order, updating them on our progress and assist those who return with any after-sales enquiries.
- Consulting Customers: We will introduce you to your first potential customers after just a few weeks on the job. You will be able to quote them, work with our designers to produce a design for them and source them a stunning diamond or gemstone.
- General Admin: During the graduate program we will also ask you to assist around the office with collections, deliveries and in supporting the sales and production teams with their work.
Training will be provided on all the below responsibilites, as part of the program:
- Learning about jewellery and diamonds and how to assess their quality and grade.
- Assist production in the booking of couriers for orders and preparing (and packaging) those orders to be collected or dropped off with the courier(s).
- Visiting our local supply chain partners for product collection and/or deliveries. Managing the relationships with these partners.
- Using our Salesforce system for managing orders and updating the system with the status of an order.
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets, providing an honest, efficient and friendly service.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the products and the brand and convey this with pride and enthusiasm to customers.
- Responding to customers via email, phone, LiveChat and WhatsApp to acertain and advise on their requirements.
- Meeting customers for face-to-face consultations in our London office - can be Monday to Friday 9.00 - 19.00 and (1-2 paid for Saturdays, 10.00 - 17.00).
- Preparing and sending quotations for engagement, jewellery and wedding rings.
- Assisting in the selection and collection of diamonds and gemstones for new or existing orders.
- Communicating with our designers and crafters about specific customer requests.
- Assisting the marketing team in producing photography of our products (no experience required).
- University degree and/or Gemmologist qualification is preferred (though not required)
- A superb communicator (native English level)
- Interest in developing knowledge and expertise in diamonds and gemstones
- Adaptable user of different technology systems
- Friendly, polite and honest in all dealings with out customers and colleagues - you will be representing the Taylor & Hart brand
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to work autonomously - our company has a flat hierachy where people are empowered to work independently
- Ability to build rapport, show empathy with customers and colleagues and nurture relationships on a daily basis
- A demonstratable track record of loyalty
- Ability to work towards deadlines
- Organised and responsible
What we offer
£19,000 base salary + sales commissions (increased to £27,000 + bonus upon completion of the graduate program).
- Quarterly appraisal with bonuses linked to targets
- The opportunity of joining a fast growing business which has the potential of becoming a major player in the global jewellery industry
- Buy jewellery for yourself at cost price
- A very enjoyable work culture
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with answers to these two questions to email@example.com:
- Which are your favourite brands and why?
- If you were a product, which one would you be and why?