Starting a new course can be a bit daunting, particularly if you’re moving away from home for the first time.

However, from the moment you arrive here, you’ll be part of a diverse and tight-knit creative community. And remember, every single student is beginning their own journey here, so it's very likely that they’ll be feeling the same mix of emotions as you. 

It's really important that you find the right accommodation for you, so that it suits your needs in every way. Choose from campus halls of residence, privately rented flats and houses or lodgings with local families.

Halls of residence

You can apply for halls if it’s your first year of study and if you’re studying on a full-time course. If it’s not your first year, or you’re studying part-time, you can’t apply unless you have a disability or significant vulnerability. Find out more about our halls at each campus.

Applying for a place in halls

How to apply

Find out more details of how and when to apply for a place in halls and how we allocate places.

Private accommodation

If you’re a returning student, or a new student who didn't manage to get a room in halls, you can search for private rented accommodation. You may also prefer this option, if you feel that halls just aren’t for you.

You may want to rent a flat or house with a group of friends, or search for a room in a family home. Whatever you choose, renting privately means managing your bills and dealing with a landlord or letting agent – but it also means greater independence.

Find out more about renting private accommodation.

More information

Get in touch

If you still can't find what you're looking for, or you’d prefer to chat something through, please get in touch with our accommodation team.

UCA Canterbury
Phone: +44 (0)1227 817380

UCA Epsom
Phone: +44 (0)1372 202448

UCA Farnham
Phone: +44 (0)1252 892974

UCA Rochester
Phone: +44 (0)1634 888723