If you're looking to stay at UCA halls of residence during your time with us, then you'll find everything you need to know here - from the application process, how we allocate places, accepting your accommodation offer and preparing to move in.
And if you have any questions, we've got all the contact details you need here too.
Our accommodation guarantee
If you’re a first-year student joining us in 2023, we'll help you find a place to stay in your first year, either in our halls or in other rented accommodation. So you can focus on all the best bits of university life – learning, creating, making new friends and enjoying your independence.
In order to qualify you need to:
- Apply to one of a full-time higher education undergraduate or masters course
- If you are applying through UCAS, apply to us by the UCAS equal consideration deadline, 25th January 2023
- If you are applying directly (international students) apply by 30 April 2023
- Accept your offer to study at UCA by 8 June 2023
- Pay your tuition deposit (for international students) by 8 June 2023
Applying for Halls
When you've firmly accepted your offer, you can apply for accommodation using our online portal.
When you've firmly accepted your offer, you can apply for accommodation using our online portal. We'll send you details on how to access this.
If you're an international student, you'll need to have paid your deposit, too.
We usually start allocating places in May.
You can apply through our online application portal, which you'll find on your applicant portal. Here, you'll find more information on the finer details (like fees and periods of residence), and select where you'd like to stay and what room type you want.
We can't guarantee that you’ll get your ideal room choice but we will guarantee you a place.
Even with our accommodation guarantee, we do prioritise applications in the following format to ensure certain groups get the accommodation they require:
1. Any student with a diagnosed medical condition / disclosed disability – medical evidence must be supplied to support your application on these grounds.
2. Care Experienced - students will be considered on a case by case basis.
3. Accommodation Guarantees - any applicant who applied to year one of a full-time higher education undergraduate or masters course starting in Autumn 2022
- via UCAS by 25 January 2023
- for international students who applied directly by 30 April 2023
4. New students – Anyone who applies after the published guarantee dates on the website will have their application considered subject to availability and then on whose home address is the greatest distance from the respective University Campus. Due to demand no prescriptive distance is given as it is variable each year.
You’ll get an automated email once you have submitted your application, and we'll contact you again once we've finalised our allocations. This may take a little while, but please don't worry - we will be in touch.
We'll need you to accept your offer in your applicant portal by the deadline we send you - be sure to read through our accommodation agreement and terms and conditions of residence as well. If you don’t accept by the deadline date, we will withdraw the offer and reallocate your room.
To accept an offer, you’ll need to complete the relevant information and make an advance payment of £300 by the deadline date. This will be deducted from your first instalment of residence fees.
Our accommodation agreement is a legally binding document. Once agreed, it means you’re signing up for the whole period of residence and full residence fees.
Once you have accepted your accommodation agreement, we’ll let you know when you can complete our online induction and check-in. From here, we can confirm where you'll need to go when you arrive and when to collect your keys.
For some people, halls accommodation isn't their ideal choice. If that's you - or you didn't get allocated a halls place - we'll email you with details on how we will help you secure private accommodation.
We've got a dedicated private accommodation page where you can find out more.
Check out our overall Terms & Conditions, specific terms for our campuses and our privacy notice:
Contact the Accommodation Team
The Accommodation Team are available 9am-5pm Monday-Friday to answer any questions you have about living at UCA.Email us now