Course length and further detail
The 12-month part-time course runs from January to January.
The assessment comprises several elements for successful completion and are as follows:
- Legal Frameworks Online exam
- Architectural Practice Management Report
- Professional Case Study
- Oral Examination (taken in the final month of the course)
- Record of Professional Experience; evidence of 24 months’ professional experience, usually recorded in the form of a Professional Experience Development Record (PEDR)
- Career Appraisal, inclusive of your CV.
Practice and Entrepreneurship
This unit will cover topics such as; Practice Management, Business Management, English Law, Policy and Regulations that govern planning and development. Contract Law, Building Contracts and Procurement.
Professional Development and Reflection
This unit will develop students’ personal experience of Practice based projects to develop a case study that critically analyses and reflects upon, practice procedures and project delivery, addressing ‘Best Practice’ Methods. Reviewing records kept as part of Part 1 and Part 2 placements, thinking critically to evaluate the Candidates Career and develop a CV.