Art and Literature
UCA Farnham Galleries have organised activities to be part of or coincide with the Farnham Literary Festival 2024 aiming to strengthen further the relationship between UCA galleries and Farnham town and engage with local organisations and the community.
1 February 2024 - 22 March 2024
10:00 - 17:00 (GMT)
Foyer Gallery, UCA Farnham, Falkner Road, Surrey GU9 7DS
Below is the list of selected activities:
- 1 - 10 March 2024 An interactive installation at Farnham Town Hall as a key attraction during the Farnham Literary Festival. This is a collaboration between UCA, Farnham Town Council and Creative Response.
- An activity pack to initiate at UCA, including activities around Farnham
- Monday, 4th March Host a Farnham Literary Festival 2024 Crime Panel - an in-conversation between UCA PhD Dr Lynn Hamilton and author Frances White on Monday, 4th March, chaired by Loucia Manopoulou, UCA curator, in association with Penguin.
- Wednesday, 13th March Deliver a creative writing workshop inspired by exploring the UCA Art Collection, led by Dr Lynn Hamilton UCA PhD.
- 6 March – 29 March, James Hockey, My Black Dress, by Henrica Lang
An installation to coincide with Farnham Literary Festival 2024
Workshop: 7th march 11am- 2pm Henrica Langh has developed a workshop method that invites participants to ‘uncover’ poetic fragments from garments that are emotionally meaningful to them.
Performance: 7th march 4-5pm The installation will be complemented by a 10-minute performance of poems ‘uncovered’ from evocative garments, showing the rich emotional texture of worn garments. The audience will have the chance to further engage with the notion of intensely evocative garments by participating in a workshop that invites them to poetically explore garments that are meaningful to them.