University for the Creative Arts
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Engagement Department
Privacy Notice: General Enquiries
Note: For the purposes of this Privacy Notice,
“you” or “your” means an individual who is interested in courses and/or events at the University for the Creative Arts
“we”, “us”, “our” or “University“ means the University for the Creative Arts
“personal data” or “data” means your personal identification information that you have given us or we have collected.
“special personal data” means specific sensitive data which we give more protection
When we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data through the following methods:
- Data collection forms, either in person via a tablet or on our website
- Over the telephone
- Via email
- Through our online chat function
- Your registration at a university event/stand
- From your business card when handed to university staff
- When passed from our representatives overseas
- When passed on from your current school or college
What personal data are we collecting
Where necessary, we may collect and store the following information about you:
- Contact information (such as address, phone number, email address, social handle)
- Date of birth
- Nationality and/or country of residence
- Your activities in preparation for higher education, e.g. attendance at events and workshops
- Your communication preferences
- Your study preferences, including subject and level of interest
- Survey result feedback
- Any questions you have asked or other personal details you have shared with us
How your information will be used
In order for us to provide a service to you, such as answering your enquiry, sending you an ordered publication, registering you at an event it will be ‘processed/used’ in the following ways:
- To identify you when necessary.
- To answer your enquiry.
- To send you any requested materials, such as a prospectus.
- To register you for an event and manage your booking.
- The production of statistics, you will not be identifiable through these statistics, and no decisions will be made about you as an outcome of the statistics.
- Organising events and workshops, including registration, to ensure that we can meet your needs at the event, and including communications about the event.
- To analyse the impact of events/workshops on the promotion of further and higher education.
We consider the processing of your data (and sharing your data with the third parties listed below), in this instance, necessary for the performance of our task carried out in the public interest, i.e. running events and raising awareness of further and higher education options, as a university.
Special Personal Data
In some instances, such as registering you for an event or activity, we will need to collect information about any accessibility requirements you have. This information will only be used to ensure we can accommodate any specific requirements you may have during your participation in our activity(ies).
We are relying on your explicit consent, gained via email or by your signing our data collection form, in order to carry out the processing of your special personal data.
Who your personal data will be shared with
We have a list of approved suppliers with whom we will share your data, when necessary. This list includes:
- Fulfilment Houses – e.g. when we send you a prospectus
- Stored in our Customer Relationship Management Software
- Survey Software Company
How long we will keep your data
We will keep your data for a period of five years after your last engagement with us, after which it will be anonymised. If you become an applicant or student within this timeframe other privacy notices will apply.
We offer the following rights to you in respect of your personal data:
You can request access to, or copies of, the personal data that we hold of you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details given below.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using any of the contact details given below as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate;
- You can object to how we process your personal data;
- You can request that your personal data be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information;
- You can withdraw any consent given to processing (this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal); or
- You can request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances when required by law.
- You can request the transfer of your data to another party.
- You can lodge a complaint, we will try to resolve any concerns you may have. However, if you consider that we are in breach of our obligations under data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence or place of work. In the U.K., you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as described above (or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or concerns about our dealings with your Personal Data), please contact the data protection Office at email@example.com
Changes to this notice
We will use your e-mail address to inform you of changes to this notice.
Version 1 - last updated: 24 May 2018