Online Arts Award
UCA's Online Arts Award workshops and courses are led by our amazing creative workshop tutors who support you in working towards your Discover or Bronze Arts Award - both nationally recognised qualifications.
Arts Award Discover
This introductory course is a great way to learn new creative skills. To achieve an Arts Award Discover you need to collect evidence in your individual arts log of your experiences of:
- participating in arts activities
- researching artists and their work
- sharing their arts discoveries
Bronze Arts Award
This programme is the perfect way to support the development of your portfolio and achieve an extra qualification from home. The programme is suitable for students considering studying creative courses at college or university.
Our workshops take place within a secure online classroom Blackboard Collaborate.
You may wish to participate via audio, though this is not a requirement and we recommend participation via the chat/messaging function on the page. You will not use a webcam or participate via video. All sessions will be monitored and supervised by University of the Creative Arts employees and will be recorded to allow for multiple viewings by students on the course.
Participants will be sent a secure link to the virtual classroom and this will ensure that only students with an approved place on the workshop and UCA employees will have access to the room.
Applications for these Masterclasses has now closed but if you are interested in future workshops, please complete the Register Your Interest form here.
Please be aware that we prioritise applications by individual eligibility.
UCA’s Online Arts Award courses are suitable for students who are studying or have an interest in creative subjects and would like to develop their skills and portfolio. Online Arts Award courses take place via an approved online platform. Applicants must be in the appropriate year group being advertised and be able to attend each session of the six-week programme. All applicants must be UK residents and be residing in the UK for the duration of the course.
This online course provides an opportunity for young people to access free art and design tuition from a higher education institution to support them in the development of their portfolio of work. The Online Arts Award course is also designed for students who may not otherwise have the chance to access such an opportunity.
This work is funded through the UCA's Access and Participation Plan's commitment as approved by the Office for Students (OfS). The programme is aimed at supporting students who are under-represented in Higher education. For further information and a list of the under-represented groups, please refer to the OfS approach to access and participation
Allocation will also be based on your personal statement, where we would like to see an evident passion for the subject.
This information will be gathered via UCA’s Online Arts Award programme application form and will be assessed by the University’s Outreach Manager and Outreach Officer.
Once the application deadline has passed, we will consider all applications against the priority criteria listed on the OfS website. A decision will be sent in writing to confirm whether a place on the programme has been secured, and successful applicants will be asked to confirm their place in writing. Where the programmes are oversubscribed, unplaced applicants who meet the criteria outlined on the OfS website will be kept on a waiting list and allocated spaces should they become available.
If an applicant decides not to accept their offer, they must inform the Outreach Manager via email at email@example.com as soon as possible so spaces can be reallocated where possible.
- Ashford and West Kent College
- Astor College
- Brockhill Park Performing Arts College
- Brompton Academy
- Canterbury College
- Chatham & Clarendon Grammar School
- Cornwallis Academy
- Dane Court Grammar School
- Dartford Science & Technology College
- Dover Christ Church Academy
- Dover Grammar School For Boys
- Dover Grammar School For Girls
- East Kent College
- Fulston Manor School
- Goodwin Academy
- Greenacre Academy
- Hadlow College
- Hartsdown Academy
- Herne Bay High School
- Highsted Grammar School
- Highworth Grammar School
- Hillview School For Girls
- Homewood School & Sixth Form Centre
- Hugh Christie Technology College
- King Ethelbert School
- Longfield Academy
- MidKent College
- New Line Learning Academy
- Northfleet School For Girls
- Northfleet Technology College
- Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey
- Orchards Academy
- Rainham School For Girls
- Saint George's Church Of England School
- Sandwich Technology School
- Spires Academy
- St Anselm's Catholic School
- St Augustine's Academy
- St Edmund's Catholic School
- St George's Church Of England Foundation School
- St John's Catholic Comprehensive School
- Strood Academy
- Thamesview School
- The Abbey School
- The Charles Dickens School
- The Community College Whitstable
- The Ebbsfleet Academy
- The Folkestone Academy
- The Folkestone School For Girls
- The Harvey Grammar School
- The Holmesdale School
- The John Wallis Church Of England Academy
- The Leigh Academy
- The Leigh UTC
- The Malling School
- The Maplesden Noakes School
- The Marsh Academy
- The North School
- The Norton Knatchbull School
- The Robert Napier School
- The Royal Harbour Academy
- The Sittingbourne Community College
- The Turner School
- The Victory Academy
- Towers School and Sixth Form Centre
- Ursuline College
- Valley Park School
- Walderslade Girls' School
- Westlands School
- Wilmington Academy
- Alderwood Senior School
- All Hallows Catholic School
- Ash Manor School
- Brooklands College
- Chertsey High School
- Christ's College, Guildford
- Collingwood College
- Cove School
- Farnborough College of Technology
- Farnham Heath End School
- Farnham Sixth Form College
- Fernhill School
- George Abbot School
- Guildford College of Further and Higher Education
- Hoe Valley School
- Jubilee High School
- Kings College for the Arts and Technology
- Merrist Wood College
- NESCOT College
- Salesian School, Chertsey
- Samuel Cody School
- St John the Baptist Catholic Comprehensive School, Woking
- St Paul's Catholic College
- St Peter's Catholic School
- Strodes College
- The Beacon School
- The Bishop Wand Church of England School
- The Magna Carta School
- The Matthew Arnold School
- The Sixth Form College Farnborough
- The Wavell School
- Thomas Knyvett College
- Winston Churchill School
- Woking College
- Woking High School
UCA processes data in accordance with the General Data Protection Rules (GDPR). The university's data protection policies and privacy notices can be viewed here.
You have the right to review information held about you. If you would like to do so or to notify us of a change of your details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If, you believe there is no legitimate reason for us to continue processing your data and wish us to delete it, please contact the Data Protection Officer email@example.com.
UCA reserves the right to amend or cancel part or all of the programme. In the event of any changes, applicants/participants and their parents/carers will be notified accordingly.
We endeavour to provide a high-quality experience to all our Online Arts Award participants. Should any applicant or participant have any feedback or wish to make a complaint then they can do so in writing via email or post using the details below: