Emmanuelle studied Photography with Mick Williamson at Sir John Cass (now Metropolitan University). She then completed an MA in Fine Art at the Slade School of Art in 1996 under Stuart Brisley.
After a few years of part-time lecturing on the Photography degree and the MA in Fine Art at Kent Institute of Art and Design she was appointed senior lecturer in UCA Farnham in the Photography department. She became a Reader in 2012.
- 1999-2001 - RCA Mphil (interrupted)
- 1994-1996 - Slade School of Art, MA Fine Art/Media
- 1992-1993 - University of Greenwich, Cert Ed Art and Design
- 1987-1991 - City of London Polytechnic, DADS Fine Art Photography
- 1999-current - UCA, Farnham, BA/MA Photography, PHD
- 1996-2000 - Kent Institute of Art and Design, Maidstone, BA/MA Visual Comm.
- 1997 - Surrey Institute, Croydon College, BA Photomedia
- 1996-1997 - Slade School of Fine Art; Research assistant in Media/Electronic Media
- 1993-2006 - Lambeth College, Film Video and Photography Access course
- +44 (0) 1252 892 760