University for the Creative Arts
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Engagement Department
Filming / Photography / Biographies / Profiles / Interviews
Note: For the purposes of this Privacy Notice,
“you” or “your” means an individual about whom we are collecting personal data
“we”, “us”, “our” or “the University” means the University for the Creative Arts
“data” or “visual data” means your personal identification information that you have given us or we have collected and or photographs or moving images of you.
Privacy Notice: Filming / Photography / Biographies / Profiles / Interviews draft v1.1
When we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data and views through the following methods:
- data collection forms and questionnaires either in person or via our website
- over the telephone via an interview
- via email
- via an interview
- information that you have given to us directly
- a photo or film shoot
What personal data are we collecting?
We may collect and store the following information about you:
We consider the processing of your data (and sharing your data with the third parties listed below), in this instance, necessary for the performance of our task carried out in the public interest, i.e. raising awareness of further and higher education options, as a university.
Special Personal Data
Where we are collecting the following information about you, we are relying on your explicit consent, either via email or by completing our data collection form, in order to carry out the processing of your personal special data.
- Personal data
- Revealing racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs, or
- Trade Union membership, and the progressing of
- Genetic data
- Biometric data (for the purposes of uniquely identifying a natural person)
- Data concerning health or
- Data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation.
How your information will be used?
- Your name, contact information and date of birth will only be used to identify you and for the university to contact in relation to your biography/profile/interview.
- Publication on the University’s website and associated sites
- Use in publications, both print and digital, e.g. the prospectus
- On the University’s social media channels, e.g. Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Use in global press releases
- Use in global advertising
- Use in live broadcasts, and their recordings
- Use at promotional events
- Use in publicity films, e.g. open days
- Use in publicity presentations
- Use in education materials
When we capture all other data it will be used for the following marketing purposes:
Who your data will be shared with?
We have a list of approved suppliers that we will share your data with, when necessary, this list includes:
- Digital Asset Management Software
- Customer Relationship Management Software
- Media Production Companies, used for filming and editing
- Graphic Design Agencies
How long we will keep the original files?
We will keep the original data for a maximum of five years, after which it will be deleted. We reserve the right to keep data for longer, but we will seek further consent before doing so. Please note that where the data is in circulation due to print or broadcast outside the University the data may exist indefinitely due to the nature of the file type.
We offer the following rights to you in respect of your Data:
- You can request access to, or copies of, the data that we hold of you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details given below.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using any of the contact details given below as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate.
- You can object to how we process your Data.
- You can request that your Data be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information.
- You can withdraw any consent given to processing (this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal); or
- You can request that we restrict the processing of your Data in certain circumstances when required by law.
- You can lodge a complaint, we will try to resolve any concerns you may have. However, if you consider that we are in breach of our obligations under data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence or place of work. In the U.K., you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as described above (or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or concerns about our dealings with your Personal Data), please contact our Data Protection Office at email@example.com
Changes to this notice
We will use your e-mail address to inform you of changes to this notice.
Version 1 - last updated: 1 June 2018