Clearing’s on the horizon, and we want to make sure that you feel as prepared as possible — and that you’re not worried about what’s ahead.
We know it can seem like a daunting experience, but if you follow our advice and make sure you're prepared, it should be smooth sailing from here on out.
Our tips for Clearing:
1. Number one, the most important: don’t panic! Lots of excellent students receive a place through Clearing and there’s no reason to be embarrassed or concerned about it. Situations change, minds change, and that’s what Clearing is here for.
2. You don’t have to be in the UCAS system to apply. We’re open to hearing from students from a range of backgrounds - just give us a call and we can have a chat about what you want to study.
3. Prepare, prepare, prepare! Don’t wait until the last minute on Results Day — be proactive and think about your interests in advance, check out which universities do the courses you want and get all the numbers you need ready to go.
4. Get all the help you can. Your form tutors in college will be around on Results Day, so will your family. Don't hesitate to ask them for some help if you're trying to get everything ready – second opinions can be really handy.
5. Be an early bird - as soon as you've decided which universities to speak to, get on the phone as soon as you can. It can be a very busy day, so it's best to get in there quick to make sure you can get onto the course you want.
6. Have your qualifications in front of you when you call to speak to admissions — it’ll make it much easier for them to help you if you’re not having to rummage through boxes to find them!
7. And finally, call us yourselves! We want to speak to you in person, not your mum, dad, friend or family member.
Take a look at our Clearing Mythbusters video below featuring out student ambassador Rachel, who went through clearing herself when she applied to UCA:
Speak to a member of our Clearing Team on 0800 068 0088
You can also fill in our contact form and we'll call you back: