Kate has also been selected to undertake artist residencies at Aberystwyth Arts Centre (2011), Helsinki International Artist's Programme, Suomenlinna, Helsinki (2010) and she has won a residency award at the Scottish Sculpture Workshop, Aberdeenshire (2007).
Kate graduated from her MA in Fine Art Painting at the Royal College of Art in 2002. Prior to this she had completed her BA Hons in Fine Art (1998-2001) and Foundation Diploma (1997-1998) at Winchester School of Art. In 2006 she completed the PGCSE in Art and Design (14 to 19 years) to support her teaching practice.
Kate Street’s practice explores the boundaries between drawing, photography and sculpture. More recently her interests have extended to layering imagery and experimenting with moving image/installation. Alongside her own creative output, she also curates exhibitions that highlight relationships between practitioners and places.
Professional Membership, Affiliation and Consultancy
- Alumni member of the Royal College of Art, London
- May 2006 ?Celeste Art Prize (Finalist)
- June 2004 Neville Burston Memorial - Royal College of Art
- June 2004 National Grid Transco (Runner-up).?
- 2015 Revolve:R – Issue 2 (Autumn)
- 2008 Circa Magazine - Issue 126 (Winter) ?
- 2008 Darkness Visible (GAC catalogue) ?
- 2007 Garageland Magazine - Spring 2008 (Supernatural Issue) Publication: Critical Friend - Number 7 - August
- 2006 Celeste Art Prize - A Survey of Painting in the UK: Among Artists & Organisations - Limburg Platform Beeldende Kunsten
- 2005 Over de Mensen en de Dingen - Autumn
- 2005 Crossfields issue 1 - Summer
- 2004 ARC (RCA journal) Spring issue
- 2002 Twenty Years of the Aspex Gallery.
- 2013 Species of Spaces, The Big Screen at Latitude Festival ?
- 2012 Animated Abstractions, The Big Screen at Latitude Festival ?
- 2007 The Joy, Nettie Horn Gallery, London ?
- 2006 Second Nature, Blyth Gallery, Imperial College, London ?
- 2004 Substance Abuse, The Chambers Gallery, London.