Employees of Organisations Outside of UCA
University for the Creative Arts
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Engagement Department
Privacy Notice: Employees of Organisations Outside of UCA
Note: For the purposes of this Privacy Notice,
“you” or “your” means an individual who submits their data to the University for the Creative Arts for business activities
“we”, “us”, “our” or “University“ means the University for the Creative Arts
“Personal Data” or “data” means your personal identification information that you have given us and/or which we have collected.
“Special Category Data” means specific sensitive personal data which we give more protection
When we collect your Personal Data:
We may collect your Personal Data through the following methods:
- Data collection forms, either via a paper form, a tablet or on our website,
- over the telephone,
- via email,
- through our online chat function,
- your registration at a university event/stand,
- from your business card when handed to university staff
What Personal Data are we collecting?
Where necessary, we may collect and store the following information about you:
- Contact information (such as address, postcode, phone number, email address, social handle)
- Nationality and/or country of residence
- Your employer’s name and address
- Your job title
- Where applicable, details of your role, e.g. the year group/subject you teach/advise
- Your engagement with us, e.g. attendance at events, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Your communication preferences
- Survey result feedback
- Any questions you have asked or other personal details you have shared with us
How your data will be used:
In order for us to provide a service to you, such as answering your enquiry, sending you an ordered publication, registering you at an event it will be ‘processed/used’ in the following ways:
- To identify you when necessary.
- To contact you in relation to University business, e.g. where we have a partnership or are working in collaboration with your organisation, or where you are part of our “Thrive” network.
- The production of statistics, you will not be identifiable through these statistics, and no decisions will be made about you as an outcome of the statistics.
- Organising events and workshops, including registration, to ensure that we can meet your needs at the event.
- To analyse the impact of events/workshops on the promotion of Further and Higher Education.
- To send you additional information about the university, including invitations to events, as well as general information about applying for Further and/or Higher Education.
- To send you any requested material or materials to support our partnership/contract.
- Where we are working in partnership, to give you access to University system(s).
We consider the processing of your data (and sharing your data with the third parties listed below), in this instance, necessary for the performance of our task carried out in the public interest, i.e. running events and raising awareness of Further and Higher Education options, as a university.
What Special Category Data are may collect:
We may collect and store the following information about you:
- Information about your accessibility requirements
- To ensure we can accommodate your specific requirements
How your Special Category Data will be used:
In order for us to provide a service to you, in particular, registering you at an event or activity, your Special Category Data will be used in the following ways:
We are relying on your explicit consent (collected via email or through your signature on the event booking form) in order to carry out the processing of your Special Category Data, as stated above, and to share your Personal Data with the following approved third parties:
Who your Personal Data will be shared with:
We have a list of approved suppliers with whom we will share your data with, when necessary, this list includes:
- Fulfilment Houses – e.g. when we send you a prospectus/greeting’s card
- Our Customer Relationship Management Software
- Survey Software Company
- Market research company when we carry out surveys
How long we will keep the original files:
We will keep your data for a period of five years after your last engagement with us, after which it will be deleted or anonymised.
Your rights for data use and storage by the University for the Creative Arts:
We offer the following rights to you in respect of your Personal Data:
You can request access to, or copies of, the Personal Data that we hold of you. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details given below.
- If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using any of the contact details given below as soon as possible. We will take steps to seek to correct or update any information if we are satisfied that the information we hold is inaccurate;
- You can object to how we process your Personal Data;
- You can request that your Personal Data be deleted, where it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed and provided there is no other lawful basis for which we may continue to process such information;
- You can withdraw any consent given to processing (this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal); or
- You can request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances when required by law.
- You can request the transfer of your data to another party.
- You can lodge a complaint, we will try to resolve any concerns you may have. However, if you consider that we are in breach of our obligations under data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence or place of work. In the U.K., you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights as described above (or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or concerns about our dealings with your Personal Data), please contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Updates to this Privacy Notice
UCA may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law and/or its privacy practices. When this happens and where UCA is required to do so by law, it will provide you with a new and/or updated Privacy Notice detailing how the use of your Personal Data is changing and, if necessary, obtaining your consent for the further Processing, as may be applicable.
Version 2 - last updated: 10 January 2022