Lecturer Computer Games Arts
Steve Brown, who lectures on our BA (Hons) Computer Games Arts course, has been associated with the degree since its inception. He is actively involved in curriculum development and teaches art (2D and 3D) across all three year groups.
Steve is an award-winning games industry veteran, having held roles as Art Director, Animation Director and Creative Director in leading companies such as Palace Software, Mindscape, Electronic Arts and Three.
Our MA in Digital Games Design brought Steve to UCA Farnham in 2005, before becoming part of the staff team for our BA (Hons) Computer Games Arts degree. As well as being an experienced teacher, Steve is also:
- A comic book artist/writer, having worked on Judge Dredd strips, and was the first UK artist to globally publish a creator-owned comic (Cauldron)
- A sculptor with figurative works in various galleries in the UK
- A practising musician in a number of his own bands, playing electric and acoustic guitar, bass guitar and mandolin.
Professional Membership, Affiliation and Consultancy
- Devised and taught a tailored digital animation course for Aardman Animations' newly formed mobile division.
- Featured in Edge magazine in December 2010,
- He has also worked as a media designer, creating concepts, designs, models and animation for online portals such as Thunderbirds (the movie), The Chronicles of Riddick, Creature Comforts, and Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.