Professor Trevor Keeble is Executive Dean, Learning, Teaching & Research at the University for the Creative Arts.
Before joining UCA, originally as Director of Research & Enterprise, he was Associate Dean (Academic Development) in the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture at Kingston University, where he was previously Acting Dean and Head of the School of Art and Design History.
Trevor graduated from the University of Brighton in 1994 having studied for a BA (Hons) Interior Architecture. Following this he enrolled on the V&A/RCA MA in the History of Design with the support of the Oliver Ford Scholarship.
Whilst at the Royal College of Art his research interests focused upon the changing and various interfaces between professional design discourses and popular consumption, relating in particular to issues of domestic design and modernity in the mid-20th century. These themes subsequently underpinned and informed Trevor's PhD research, which sought to explore issues of design, taste and identity in the late-Victorian domestic interior.
Awarded in 2005 by the Royal College of Art, 'The Domestic Moment' attempted to identify the ways in which 'domesticity' was inscribed across exhibitions, trade publications, private diaries and letters, shops and catalogues, in a bid to demonstrate its centrality to a dynamic culture of Victorian modernity.
Trevor's key responsibilities include:
- Academic leadership and strategic development of Library & Student Services, Research & Enterprise and Learning & Teaching Development
- Ensuring the resources and facilities of these areas equitably support the delivery and development of all courses, Schools and each Faculty
- Direction and operational management of Research & Enterprise
- Leading on the management and development of the University's Research Excellence Framework submissions
- Leading, with the Vice-Chancellor, a project to secure Research Degree Awarding Powers
- Facilitating new learning and teaching developments across the University to support ongoing enhancement
- Leadership and line management of the Director of Library & Student Services and the Assistant Director of Research & Enterprise
- Chair of the Learning & Teaching Committee, Research & Enterprise Committee and Research Degrees Committee, and Deputy Chair of the Academic Quality Committee
- 01252 722441