Where to find useful information and guidance
Organisations such as the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), and the Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) regularly produce guidance on Equality and Diversity relevant to Higher Education Institutions. Some of these booklets are listed below:
- Promoting Good Campus Relations - dealing with hate crimes and intolerance
- Impact of Age Discrimination Legislation on the Higher Education Sector
- Disability legislation - practical guidance for academic staff
- A-Z Equality & Diversity - definitions of words, phrases and organisations commonly referred to
- Conducting Impact Assessments
- Guidance on setting up Single Equality Scheme.
More free documents can be downloaded from the ECU website, the HEFCE website and from Stonewall's website.
UCA policies and schemes