Altitude Aerial Photography are specialists in aerial filming and surveying using state of the art unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or ‘drones’ and are expanding. As a result I am looking for a person/s to have on the books as freelance camera operators, to work as and when the need arises. The role will involve travelling to various sites around the country when required and operating a selection of cameras, primarily attached to some form of remotely piloted device. Although we use various cameras on jobs, in house we have the Blackmagic Production Camera 4k, Canon 5d mk4, Panasonic GH4, X5 and GoPros, so experience with some or all of these cameras is going to be a plus. The successful candidate will not need to own any equipment, as all cameras and equipment will be supplied.
Key duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Operating the cameras and choosing the best settings for the conditions, i.e. Lens, Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO for example.
- Balancing cameras on to gimbals (training can be given).
- Operating a remote camera controller during UAS flights to direct the camera to the filmed subject.
- Operating a follow focus to keep shots as sharp as possible.
- Communicating key information from the video telemetry to the pilot during UAS flights.
The ideal person:
Primarily I am looking for someone with a keen eye for a great shot and an understanding of how to get the most from a camera, but experience operating remotely operated gimbals and a follow focus in a work environment would be a big plus. The role wold ideally suit someone with a little experience, however I am more than happy to chat to recent graduates or students still studying, provided you feel you can meet the requirements listed below and demonstrate your skills with some example work:
The skills and experience required:
- A keen eye for a shot.
- Confident with cameras.
- An ability to think creatively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to be flexible to the job requirements.
- Good time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Over 18 (insurance reasons).
- Full UK driving licence and a reliable vehicle to reach sites.
- Legally allowed to work in the UK.
Pay and hours:
Minimum of £100 per day depending on experience, plus any reasonable expenses such as travel and accommodation if required.
How to apply:
In the first instance please send a C.V. along with a link to a show reel to Chris Bradbury via email@example.com
Our website can be visited at www.altitudephotography.co.uk