You’ll experiment with a variety of media processes, including preparatory and post-production film techniques, and in digital character design, storyboarding and narrative. You’ll also develop an understanding of stop frame, Gif and Flash animation, increase your technical skills in photography and learn image editing techniques using leading creative software.
In the second year, we’ll give you the freedom to specialise and deepen your skills by focusing on one of the following: lens-based media, graphic and interface design or illustration, animation, computer-generated arts, or games design. Both years are supported by our cultural theory programme, introducing you to both historic and current contextual topics.
Currently, if you are an UK or EU student under 19 years old on the 31 August before your course starts, you don’t have to pay any tuition fees.
Additionally, you don't have to pay tuition fees if you are an UK or EU student aged between 19-23 on the 31 August before your course starts, and you are studying for your first full level 3 qualification.
The fees for 2019 and 2020 entry have not been confirmed but as a guide the fees for 2018 entry are:
- UK and EU students - £3,690
- International students - £10,250 (standard fee)
- International students - £9,840 (full early payment fee)
Find out more about our course fees and any financial support you may be entitled to:
After completing this course, the majority of our students progress to degree level studies at UCA, including:
- BA (Hons) Animation
- BA (Hons) Computer Animation Arts
- BA (Hons) Digital Film & Screen Art (2018 entry)
- BA (Hons) Film & Digital Art (2019 entry)
- BA (Hons) Film Production
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Television Production
- BA (Hons) Television & Media Production