You’ll experiment with a variety of media processes, including preparatory and post-production film techniques, and in digital character design, storyboarding and narrative. You’ll also develop an understanding of stop frame, Gif and Flash animation, increase your technical skills in photography and learn image editing techniques using leading creative software.
In the second year, we’ll give you the freedom to specialise and deepen your skills by focusing on one of the following: lens-based media, graphic and interface design or illustration, animation, computer-generated arts, or games design. Both years are supported by our cultural theory programme, introducing you to both historic and current contextual topics.
After completing this course, the majority of our students progress to degree level studies at UCA, including:
- BA (Hons) Animation
- BA (Hons) Computer Animation Arts
- BA (Hons) Digital Film & Screen Art (2018 entry)
- BA (Hons) Film & Digital Art (2019 entry)
- BA (Hons) Film Production
- BA (Hons) Photography
- BA (Hons) Television Production
- BA (Hons) Television & Media Production