Undergraduate course fees

Fee information for undergraduate students

If you're an undergraduate student from the UK, then this page is for you - with tuition fee information, details on funding sources and advice on repaying your student loans.

Full-time students

UK undergraduate tuition fees - 2022 entry



BA/BSc/BMus (Hons) three-year degree course


BA/BSc/BMus (Hons) four-year degree course with Integrated Foundation Year


Professional Practice Year


BA (Hons) one-year top-up degree course



UK undergraduate tuition fees - 2021 entry



BA (Hons) degree – year 0


BA/BSc (Hons) degree - year 1


BA (Hons) top-up degree


All fees are currently correct, but may change as a result of changes in government policy on tuition fees, entitlement to fee reductions and tax or benefit rules. You should check for the latest information before you enrol.

These fees are correct for the stated academic year only. Costs may increase each year during a student’s period of continued registration on course in line with inflation (subject to any maximum regulated tuition fee limit). Any adjustment for continuing students will be at or below the RPI-X forecast rate.

If you opt to study the Professional Practice Year, you will be required to pay a reduced tuition fee for that year. This fee will be determined using government funding regulations. Based on current regulations, we expect this to be a maximum of 20% of the tuition fee rate that you are charged for your second year of study. You will also incur additional travel and accommodation costs during this year. The University will provide you with further advice and guidance about this as you approach your Professional Practice Year.

Part-time students

If you choose to study part-time, your fees are calculated for every 10 credits of study you complete. This means that the amount you pay will depend on the intensity of your study. See our Full fee schedules and regulations page for more information about part-time fees for each year of entry.

International and EU students

The details here are for students from the UK. If you are you a student from the European Union or an International country please see our EU and International fees and finance section.

UCAIC students

If you’re a student at the UCA International College (UCAIC), you’ll need to visit our UCAIC page.

Tuition fees for previous years

We review our tuition fees and fee regulations each academic year, go to our full fee schedules and regulations page  view the tuition fee schedules for previous years.

Full fee schedules and regulations 

Most students don’t have to pay their fees upfront. In most cases, you can get a tuition-fee loan from the Government through the Student Loans Company to cover these costs. And, if you apply successfully to the Student Loans Company, they’ll pay your fees directly to us, making the whole process really easy.

If you do want to pay you fees directly, please go to our how to pay pages for more information.

The tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for living costs are put together into a single loan. You won’t have to make any loan payments until you’re in employment and earning over £27,295 a year.

  • If your income is less than £27,295, you don’t have to pay anything.
  • If your income is more than £27,295, each year you will pay back 9% of your earnings over £27,295 until the loan is paid off. As the size of your repayment is based on your salary (not on the size of your loan), your monthly repayments will be the same, however large your loan.
  • If you stop earning over £27,295 a year, you stop paying your loan repayments.
  • Any loan amount unpaid after 30 years is written off, and you won’t have to pay it back.

Interest is charged from the day you receive your first loan payment until you’ve repaid the loan in full or it is written off, whichever is first.

Remember – you won’t have to make any payments until you’re in employment and earning over £27,295 a year, regardless of when you finish or leave your course.

For more information visit

Sources of
external funding

Depending on where you live within the UK, will depend on the finance you can apply for.

Select the relevant country below for more information.

Tuition Fee Loan

This loan will cover the full amount of your fees. The amount you receive doesn’t depend on your household income and you’ll only start repaying this loan once you’ve graduated and are earning over £25,000 a year. To ensure that funding is in place for the beginning of the academic year you should make an application as soon as possible. If you haven't received confirmation of a Tuition Fee Loan before the end of September then please email to let us know that your application is in progress. More about Tuition Fee loans

Maintenance Loan

You can apply for a loan to help you pay your living costs. How much you can get will depend on your household income as well as where you choose to live and study. You’ll have to repay this loan, but not until you’ve graduated and are earning over £25,000 a year. More about the Maintenance Loan

Student Finance Calculator

If you’re a new student from England and starting a full-time course, you should be able to apply for your student finance from early in the year before your course starts. Applying online is the easiest way and the process is pretty straight-forward. You can find out how much financial support you’re likely to receive by getting a personalised quote using the student finance calculator.

If you are a resident of Northern Ireland you should apply for a Student Loan from Student Finance ni.

Go to Student Finance ni

Tuition Fee Loan

If you are a Scottish resident you should apply for your Tuition Fee Loan from the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS).

Additional Funding

For Scottish residents, there are bursaries available to you when you apply to study with us. The Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) offer two different bursaries that you can apply for, depending on which criteria you meet. Both bursaries - the Young Students' Bursary and the Independent Students' Bursary - are means-tested and paid in addition to your student loan. You can apply for these regardless of whether you intend to study in Scotland, or elsewhere in the UK. Find out more about additional funding

Tuition Fee Loan

If you are a Welsh resident you should apply for your Tuition Fee Loan from the Student Finance Wales.

Additional Funding

For Welsh residents, there are grants available to you when you apply to study with us. Student Finance Wales offer a non-repayable Fee Grant in addition to the standard Tuition Fee Loan. Importantly, Welsh residents do not need to study in Wales to be eligible for the Fee Grant – you can apply if you are studying anywhere in the UK. You can find out more about this on the Welsh Government Website. To find out more information and make sure you’re getting the most out of what is available to you, visit the Student Finance Wales website where you’ll find a breakdown on everything that’s available and information on how to apply.