in Kent and Medway
UCA working in Collaboration with KMPF and KaMCOP
The University for the Creative Arts (UCA) has a long history of working to raise the aspirations and attainment of young people in Kent and Medway who may not consider progression to Higher Education (HE) as a route to success.
Our outreach work in this region focuses on two main networks that combine to see us work in partnership with 50 schools and colleges:
- The Kent and Medway Progression Federation (KMPF), which unites the self-funded outreach activities of UCA, Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent.
- The Kent and Medway Collaborative Outreach Programme (KaMCOP) funded by Office for Students (OfS) through their UniConnect programme, which offers activities through an additional eight partners.
As the creative specialist in both networks, UCA promotes progression in creative arts, business and technology through a variety of activities, including workshops, holiday clubs and masterclasses. We work with young people in years 7 to 13 and those studying on further education (FE) courses.
Our aim is to promote social mobility by improving access to HE for young people from under-represented backgrounds. Through our work in the KaMCOP Uni Connect programme we engage and realise the aspirations of young people from specific wards in Kent and Medway, where participation is lower than expected given the GCSE results of the young people who live there.
We want all young people to have the opportunity to explore their creative potential, learn new skills and make a difference. Our programme of self sign-up outreach events are designed to help young people do just that, as well as CPD opportunities for staff to support them along the way.View all events
05 – Feb
Bronze Arts Award Saturday Club Art and Design
- Blended event - some sessions at UCA Canterbury, some virtual.
Our KaMCOP & KMPF outreach offer is delivered by our KaMCOP and Outreach teams.
Discover the teams and their roles below.
- Emma Bunyard - Collaborative Outreach Manager (part-time)
- Holly Rogers - Collaborative Outreach Manager & Officer (Arts Award)
- Louisa Clements - Collaborative Outreach Officer & Administrator (Arts Award)
- Katie Blench - Collaborative Outreach Officer (Schools)
- Keion Young - Collaborative Outreach Officer (College and Community)
- Nicola Cary - Collaborative Outreach Administrator (part-time)
- Hannah Knapp - Outreach Manager
- Frances Chiverton-Jones - Outreach Officer
Discover our KaMCOP & KMPF partner schools, colleges and target wards and find out more about eligibility criteria.