Degree tuition fees

This information only applies to UK and EU students. If you’re an international student, you’ll need our international fees and finance pages.

Tuition fees for full-time students

UK/EU undergraduate tuition fees - 2018 entry



BA (Hons) degree – year 0


BA/BSc (Hons) degree - year 1


BA (Hons) top-up degree


All fees are correct at the current time, but are subject to amendment as a result of changes in Government policy on tuition fees, entitlement to fee reductions and tax or benefit rules. You should check for the latest information before enrolment.

Please note: These fees are correct for the stated academic year only. Costs may increase each year during a student’s period of continued registration on course in line with inflation (subject to any maximum regulated tuition fee limit). Any adjustment for continuing students will be at or below the RPI-X forecast rate.

Tuition fees for previous years

We review our tuition fees and fee regulations each academic year. See the tuition fee schedules for previous years.

Tuition fees for part-time students

If you choose to study part time, your fees are calculated per 10 credits of study you complete. This means that the amount you pay will depend on the intensity of your study.

See the relevant tuition fee schedule for more information about part-time fees for each year of entry.

Paying your fees

Most students don’t have to pay their fees up front. In most cases, you can get a tuition-fee loan from the government through the Student Loans Company to cover these costs. And, if you apply successfully to the Student Loan Company, they’ll pay your fees directly to us, making the whole transaction really easy.

If you prefer, you can pay your fees directly to us before your course starts.

To pay your tuition fees you must first complete our online enrolment process. You can then make your payment using our online payment systems.

Financial support

If you choose to study an undergraduate degree course, you may be able to get financial support from the Government or from us to help you with the costs of your studies.

Find out more about:

Support from the Government

Support from UCA

Help with travel costs

Travel saver schemes

There are a number of travel saver-schemes available to you during your studies, depending on where you choose to study.

For more information on travel options, check out your local authority website.

Contact us

If you have any questions about your fees, please get in touch through our enquiries service.