What you need to know
There's a lot to consider when you’re sorting out private rented accommodation. Be prepared and ask key questions before you sign on the dotted line. What’s included in the rent? What deposit and up-front fees are there? Will I have to pay rent outside of term time? How much notice will I have to give?
To give you a helping hand, our Student's guide to private accommodation, is packed full of essential information.
Looking for accommodation
StudentTenant is a great place to begin your house hunt and get a feel for what’s available. This interactive site lets you:
- Register and create a profile of property and housemate preferences
- Search for properties, save your favourites and create alerts
- Connect with housemates and join chatrooms
- Set up viewings with landlords
- Securely book your property online.
You can also contact local lettings agents directly. To help you, we’ve put a list together of agents in each of our campus areas.
- Letting agents in Canterbury
- Letting agents in Epsom
- Letting agents in Farnham
- Letting agents in Rochester
Information for accommodation providers
If you have a property or a room that you’d like to offer to our students, please contact StudentTenant for more information about how to register.
Phone: +44 (0)845 6431936
As part of your registration, we’ll need you to sign up to our Landlord's code of standards and provide relevant documents, such as gas and electrical safety certificates.