How to change Junkmail options
In Outlook Web Access
- In Outlook Web Access go to "Options" (last option at the bottom of the left panel)
- Scroll down to "Privacy and Junk Email Prevention". Make sure "Filter Junk Email" is ticked. You will need to keep an eye on the junk email folder just in case any emails that you need are automatically put in there by mistake
- To add safe senders (can be email addresses or domains) click on "Manage Junk Email Lists". Make sure you add domains ucreative.ac.uk and students.ucreative.ac.uk.
Malicious emails and spam
Mail is sometimes received by students and staff from fraudulent sources trying to extract private information. We already take action to reduce the number of these, but you still need to be vigilant.
Advice regarding suspect mail:
- Delete suspect messages immediately: never reply to mail from unknown sources or suspected malicious mail
- Never send your ucreative password via email: we will not request you to do so
- Do not click links in emails unless you are 100% sure they are legitimate.