myUCA & Learning Technology
Frequently Asked Questions about myUCA
Please contact itserviceDesk@uca.ac.uk if you cannot find the information you require.
I am unable to log into myUCA
Are you a new staff member or sessional staff?
My password isn't working, what should I do?
• Your web browser may remember your old password – especially if you told the browser to remember it. Therefore, always ensure you use your current password to access myUCA.
internal ext. 8799
direct dial: (01634) 888799
Can I access myUCA from home?
Yes. All you need is a web browser and access to the Internet. Go to: https://myuca.uca.ac.uk and enter your ucreative username and password as normal.
Can I access myUCA with a MAC?
Yes. Your Mac will need access to the Internet and you will need a web browser installed such as Firefox or Safari.
How can I see who is enrolled on my unit, course or community?
- Select the unit/course/community on which you wish to find out who is enrolled
- Scroll down to the 'Course Management' tools
- Click on 'Users and Groups' and then click 'Users'
- On this page you can search to see who is enrolled. Because everyone is enrolled to myUCA using their ucreative email addresses you can choose to search by 'Email' and 'Contains' (these options are available as menus) Then type 'ucreative' and click on 'Go'
- You will then be presented with a list of users that have been enrolled to the unit, course or community
NB: If any of your students are not enrolled to your unit and you would like them to be, please DO NOT ENROL STUDENTS YOURSELF, see the FAQ below for an explanation. Alternatively, please ask email@example.com to enrol students
Can I enrol my students to the correct unit?
If students are enrolled manually onto myUCA they will automatically be removed by the system when it is trying to process its next update. Therefore myUCA and myCourse are not able to enrol students to the correct units manually.
The correct process to rectify this issue is to contact your college office, who will then enrol the student through SITS, that in turn will automatically update myUCA.
How can I be enrolled on a course or unit?
I cannot see any units
If you cannot see any units or courses in myUCA, this will usually mean you are not enrolled on any.
To get enrolled, you should complete a myUCA Enrolment Form and sent it to: firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can begin communicating with your students and uploading materials and resources as soon as possible.
What's the difference between the Course area and the Unit area?
The course area on myUCA is a central place where all stages can access. Content in this area should contain the following:
- Programme Specification
- Course Handbook
- Course Resources (pdfs & weblinks)
- Course Team Details
- Faculty Librarian Details
The unit area on myUCA only deals with content specific to the unit.
Why are some images not visible on students' learning journals / blogs?
The myUCA server can only process a certain amount of information at a given time, and if there are numerous students uploading large files simultaneously some files may not upload successfully. Asking students to compress their images prior to uploading using 72ppi allows images to load much more quickly and can resolve the problem of images not appearing.
A further solution is to ask your Learning Technologist to add a filesize-limiter to the unit. This enables you to specify the maximum size of file that can be uploaded.
How can I check if students are using the course or unit areas?
Go to the Control Panel > Performance Dashboard, this will bring a table up listing all the students, the date they last accessed the course, how many days ago it was and their participation levels in the discussion board.