Please call the IT Service Desk first!
The Service Desk provides a single point of contact for all your IT related problems and queries.
- Phone us on campus on extension 8799
- Phone us at home on (0)1634 888799
- Visit the Hub at the following link to raise a request, report an issue, or to find knowledge articles for known problems - https://uca.topdesk.net/
All support requests must come through the IT Service Desk rather than individual IT staff members. The IT Service Desk centralises our support teams so we can react to incidents quickly and analyse / solve on going problems to improve our service. Additionally, by calling the IT Service Desk, you will help us to avoid duplication of work.
When you contact the IT Service Desk, we will:
- Ask for your username to log the call
- Ask questions to help us diagnose the fault or fully understand the request
- Aim to resolve your issue
- Give you a call reference number to assist in tracking the progress of the call
It is very helpful for us if you:
- Have your username to hand (e.g. jsmith). This is so that we can log the call correctly for you (we will never ask you for your password)
- We will ask you to provide us the machine name. If this is not available, then the IP address of the computer would also help
- Tell us where you are located, i.e. department, site, building and room number
- Describe the problem in detail, including any error messages you may have received
We separate all calls to our Service Desk into three categories which are:
- Incident Request
- Service Request
- Change Request
IT Service Desk Opening Hours
The IT Service Desk is available from 9am - 5.15pm Monday to Friday.