Problem or query regarding your ucreative email?
At the University, we have Microsoft Outlook on both PC's and Mac's, there is also has a web version which you can use from home, Go to https://mail.uca.ac.uk
Mailbox Size Limit
All of our staff email accounts have a size limit of 4GB. The size of your mailbox cannot be increased. You will receive an automated email from our email server warning you of your increasing mailbox size.
Attachment Size Limit
There is a 10MB limit on the size of attachments that can be sent.
Managing your Email
If your email is filling up regularly, the best way to manage your mailbox is to create an archive email folder. This folder is saved on another server so that it doesn't contribute to the size of your mailbox. This means that you can save any emails in the archive folder that you wish to keep.
• Email Management Policy (pdf)
Receiving ucreative Email with a Mobile Phone
The address of the mail server is mail.uca.ac.uk.
Troubleshooting tips for general email problems
Microsoft Outlook (Desktop version):
If you are experiencing problems whilst in email, please try the following:
- Check the bottom right hand corner of your email when you are in it, does it say connected or disconnected? If it says disconnected, click on the little black arrow head beside it and remove the tick beside "work offline" by clicking on it. Then go to the top of your email and select send and receive on the tool bar to see if your emails start coming in or it shows connected at the bottom of the screen. (Your email can go offline for a number of reasons, but this is normally due to server connection problems, so check with the IT Service Desk if you are unsure)
- Make sure that you have spring cleaned your email by deleting anything out of your email that you no longer need. This includes the sent and deleted items. As our mailbox sizes are limited, by letting them get too full, you may not be able to send or receive new mail until you have made some room.
- Try logging out of email and back in again.
- Try shutting down and restarting especially if staff have been informed of any problems on the network.
- Log a call with the IT Service Desk and they can check your email account for you.
If you are having problems logging into email from home check the following:
- Make sure that the username field is showing only your username. Delete anything else that might come up in this field.
- If you are using a Mac, try using Firefox or Internet Explorer instead of Safari as your internet browser.
- If you think that your password may be the problem, contact the IT Service Desk on 01634 888799 and we can check it for you.
Outlook 2011 (Mac OSX)
If you are having problems with Outlook for Mac OSX see the following:
- If you are not receiving email or able to send in Outlook, you may be having synchronisation problems with the network especially if you are working from a laptop. Plug into the network via a network cable and then check and see if your email has updated.
- Check if you are getting any email at all by logging on to Outlook web mail to see if you have received email in there.
- Try a shutdown and restart with the network cable in.
- See if you have been receiving email to say that your email box is full because this may be why you haven't received any new emails?
- Go into your account settings under Preferences and try re-entering your password.
- Log a call with the IT Service Desk and we can check your email account for you.