Business & Innovation Summit – Surrey and South East
Are you a business or an organisation working within or supporting the creative industries? Are you looking for an opportunity to network and contribute towards the continued growth of the creative industries? If so, UCA’s inaugural Business & Innovation Summit on March 1 is an ideal starting point.
The free-to-attend event at UCA Farnham will host some of the region’s outstanding thought-leaders and entrepreneurs - showcasing their research, products and ideas as well as facilitating discussions on the most important issues for the creative industries, with the aim of helping the continued growth of the creative economy in the region through business development, regional investment, funding collaborations and other innovations.
Highlights of the day include:
- Keynote speakers and discussions demonstrating the breadth of creative innovation taking place in Surrey and the South East, next steps for future growth and how this can support local businesses.
- Launch of the new Creative Industries Network (CIN)– Surrey - a dynamic network of practitioners and businesses from across the creative sector in South East
- Networking lunch and showcase exhibition featuring research project case studies, innovative products and services and exciting collaborative initiatives across UCA, the local business community and the wider Creative Industries ecosystem.
- Breakout sessions with Gaming, CreaTech, Film & TV cluster leads and experts to discuss and explore the biggest opportunities and challenges facing the sectors.
You can download the full programme here - an abridged version is below:
10.00-10.30 – Registration (please go to the Main Reception)
10.30-10.45 – Welcome & Introduction
10.45-11.25 – Grow: The creative sector is growing in the South East, but what is driving it? What support is being provided? What space is needed, and what innovations can it help create and develop? A panel discussion between Businesses and Local Authorities
11.25-12.00 – Connect: Launching the Creative Industries Network (CIN) and support programme
12.00-12.45 – Innovate: Funding for Business: KTP and Innovate UK EDGE. How to support Innovation and attract regional investment? A panel discussion between businesses and Local Authorities
12.45-13.30 – Lunch and Showcase Exhibition (James Hockey and Foyer Galleries)
13.30-14.30 – Breakout sessions:
- Games studios and industry leaders
- CreaTech: Where Technology Meets Creativity
- Creative Digital, Film and Production sector
- Creative Business Regional Skills and Talent Development
14.30-15.15 – Tour of Virtual Production Studio.
Practical information: Pay-and-display parking is available throughout Farnham town centre - locations can be found on the Waverley Borough Council website.
For visitors with disabilities, there is on-campus parking for Blue Badge holders; however, this must be booked in advance – call 01252 722 441 to arrange this and to discuss any other special requirements you might have.
For more information on this event, to exhibit within the Showcase Exhibition, and to find out more about the Creative Industries Network, email Jennie Kimberley-Bowen at Innovation@uca.ac.uk