Discover Arts Award
This FREE Clay creative day is running on Thursday 16th February 2023, 10am - 3pm virtually. Open to pupils in year 6. Applications have now closed.
In this one-day session you will explore how to create using clay. This Arts award will be held online. You will get to meet a practicing artist. It'll be a great day to get creating and exploring more skills!
You will be making objects, portraits, abstract, observational impressions, fictional characters in clay.
We will use air drying clay so it dries in 48hrs allowing you to take your work home on the same day and it'll be ready to paint.
All materials will be provided for and sent out to you before the event.
By the end of the day you will have achieved your Discover Arts Award. This is a nationally recognised qualification which introduces you to the Arts and helps you to build on skills such as creativity, curiosity, confidence and communication skills. To find out more about Discover Arts Award visit their website HERE
Applications have now closed as of Sunday 29th January 2023.
All participants joining online will not be asked to have their camera or microphone on for safeguarding purposes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our Discover Arts Award.
Disclaimer: UCA reserves the right to cancel or amend this activity at any time prior to the event. In the event of any changes, applicants/participants and their parents/carers will be notified accordingly.
UCA’s Saturday Clubs are suitable for students who are studying or have an interest in creative subjects and would like to develop their skills and portfolio.
The aim of the course is to provide an opportunity for young people to access free art and design tuition from a higher education institution to support them in the development of their portfolio of work. It's also designed for students who may not otherwise have the chance to access such an opportunity.
Priority will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- are the first generation in their family to study at higher education level (e.g. Degree, HND, HNC)
- are currently eligible for Free School Meals
- come from a neighbourhood with low overall progression rates to higher education (determined by postcode using POLAR 3 data)
- are from a black or minority ethnic (BAME) background
- are in, or have lived under local authority care
- have caring responsibilities for a family member
- have a disability
- attend a KaMCOP or KMPF partnered school (a list of eligible schools is included below)
- live in KaMCOP target postcode area
- have not previously attended a UCA Easter or Summer School programme
Allocation will also be based on your personal statement, where we would like to see an evident passion for the subject and an interest in studying a creative subject at a higher level.
This information will be gathered via UCA’s Saturday Clubs application form and will be assessed by the University’s Outreach Manager and Outreach Officer.
Once the application deadline has passed, we will consider all applications against the priority criteria listed above to determine who will be offered a place. A decision will be sent in writing to confirm whether a place on the programme has been secured, and successful applicants will be asked to confirm their place in writing. Where the programmes are oversubscribed, unplaced applicants who meet the criteria outlined above will be kept on a waiting list and allocated spaces should they become available. UCA reserves the right to cancel or amend Saturday Club activities at any time prior to the start of the club. In the event of any changes, applicants/participants and their parents/carers will be notified accordingly.
If an applicant decides not to accept their offer, they must inform UCA staff via email as soon as possible so spaces can be reallocated where possible, by emailing email@example.com
- Astor Secondary School
- Aylesford School
- Brockhill Park Performing Arts College
- Brompton Academy
- Cornwallis Academy
- Dartford Science & Technology College
- Dover Christ Church Academy
- Folkestone Academy
- Fulston Manor School
- Greenacre Academy
- Hartsdown Academy
- Herne Bay High School
- Hugh Christie School
- New Line Learning Academy
- Northfleet School for Girls
- Northfleet Technology College
- Oasis Academy Isle of Sheppey
- Orchards Academy
- PGW Partnership of Greenacre and Walderslade
- Saint George's Church of England School - Gravesend
- Sandwich Technology School
- Spires Academy
- St Anselm's Catholic School, Canterbury
- St Augustine Academy
- St Edmund's Catholic School
- St George's Church of England Foundation School - Broadstairs
- St John's Catholic Comprehensive
- Strood Academy
- Thamesview School
- The Abbey School
- The Canterbury Academy
- The Charles Dickens School
- The Ebbsfleet Academy
- The Holmesdale School
- The John Wallis Church of England Academy
- The Leigh Academy
- The Leigh UTC
- The Malling School
- The Marsh Academy
- The North School
- The Robert Napier School
- The Royal Harbour Academy
- The Sittingbourne School
- The Victory Academy
- Towers School and Sixth Form Centre
- Turner Free School
- Ursuline College
- Walderslade Girls' School
- Westlands School
- Alderwood Senior School
- All Hallows Catholic School
- Ash Manor School
- Brooklands College
- Chertsey High School
- Christ's College, Guildford
- Collingwood College
- Cove School
- Farnborough College of Technology
- Farnham Heath End School
- Farnham Sixth Form College
- Fernhill School
- George Abbot School
- Guildford College of Further and Higher Education
- Hoe Valley School
- Jubilee High School
- Kings College for the Arts and Technology
- Merrist Wood College
- NESCOT College
- Salesian School, Chertsey
- Samuel Cody School
- St John the Baptist Catholic Comprehensive School, Woking
- St Paul's Catholic College
- St Peter's Catholic School
- Strodes College
- The Beacon School
- The Bishop Wand Church of England School
- The Magna Carta School
- The Matthew Arnold School
- The Sixth Form College Farnborough
- The Wavell School
- Thomas Knyvett College
- Winston Churchill School
- Woking College
- Woking High School
UCA processes data in accordance with the General Data Protection Rules (GDPR). The university's data protection policies and privacy notices can be viewed here.
Refer to the Outreach & Widening Participation Privacy Notice
You have the right to review information held about you. If you would like to do so or to notify us of a change of your details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If, you believe there is no legitimate reason for us to continue processing your data and wish us to delete it, please contact the Data Protection Officer email@example.com