Porta Romana is a privately owned English company, based in Farnham, Surrey, its brand is synonymous with luxury lighting and furniture products and we supply the most prestigious hotel, yacht and residential projects around the world.
An exciting vacancy has arisen for an exceptional candidate to join our dynamic design team. As part of small team, you’ll be responsible for designing for the brand as well as being a guardian of the product. Working closely with the Creative Director, Senior Product Developer and Product Manager, you’ll be a critical part of the new product collection on an annual basis.
Job Description - Product Designer
- Designing products for our annual New Collection.
- Developing the product from concept to launch.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with our Makers, new and existing and working collaboratively on new designs.
- Working closely with the Senior Developer to ensure smooth delivery of the new collection.
- Understanding and adhering to commercial aspects of development process.
- Ensuring deadlines are met and critical path is followed in line with the Global New Collection calendar.
- Liaison with Marketing and Sales to provide training and relevant product information.
- Taking part in the ongoing product care of the collection, including reviewing, instigating change and assisting in design changes.
- Aiding with the creation of data sheets and installation instructions for products.
- Providing support for the Creative Director – idea generation, applying flair to any creative project and cultivating a dynamic creative partnership.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree in product design or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working with Autocad and Solidworks.
- Genuine interest and passion for art, design and interior design.
- Commercial understanding of taking a product to market.
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload and work well in a team.
- Must be a car driver due to rural location of offices.
- Up to £28k for the right candidate.
Email CV to Valerie Lewis, H.R. Manager - Val@portaromana.com
Employer: Porta Romana Limited
Contract: Permanent / Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with ½ hr for lunch
Place of work: Northbrook Business Park, Farnham, Surrey GU10 5EU
Reporting to: Shazeen Emambux, Creative Director