Native Line is the luxury brand of the studio artist weaver Justine Ashbee specialising in metallic woven wall hangings for private and commercial international clients.
Salary/fee: Paid per piece
Work hours: Hours negotiable, flexible for part time or full time position
- Carrying out weaving work - will be given woven pieces to emulate in quantities.
- Will be assigned a jack floor loom to weave on, on site.
- Assisting with order processing, finishing and shipping of work.
- Fastidious weaving skill, competence in weaving straight lines and selvedges, with even tension.
- A degree in woven textile design or relevant experience.
- Experience with weaving on a jack floor loom.
- An understanding of warp tension and adept at maintaining warp tension throughout weaving.
- Ability to maintain a clean working environment.
- A naturally creative person with sensitivity to colour and texture and an eye for detail.
- Confident communicator with a professional attitude.
- Organised individual who can prioritise their own workload.
- A swift worker that can work productively under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and ability to take direction.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Justine Ashbee, Creative Director of Native Line at email@example.com.
Images can be supplied if desired but must not exceed 10 images, 2 MB per image.