Posted 5 June 2018
At New Look we all stand by our brand values; keep it simple, be brave, think customer, act with pace and take responsibility - That’s the New Look way!
In 1969 New Look contributed to fast fashion and things are about to get even faster. We’re a team united with a clear purpose – to be the most loved and trusted high street retailer and bring some much needed fun back to the high street.
Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too!
Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion.
At New Look we spend our days working to improve the way we do business, our only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
Does that sound like you?
About the role
The purpose of this role is to put the customer requirements at the centre of the product offer, to support the development and delivery of a commercial and profitable range that maximises sales opportunity. To provide support to the Buying Team in all areas of administration including Critical Path and Sample Management.
Role accountabilities and responsibilities
- Strategy awareness at group and department level
- Awareness of brand vision
- Managing daily/weekly tasks in line with Ways Of Working (WOW)
- Preparation for departmental meetings
- Supporting the Buying team with data entry into the planning tool
- Raising purchase orders
- Working to the Critical Path to meet all deadlines
- Dealing with issues arising with orders both internally and externally
- Taking ownership of finding solutions
- Coordinating barcode process
- Maintaining purchase orders in the Critical Path in the relevant system
- Assisting the team with supplier slippage management
- Actioning any order amendments under direction from the B&M team
- Supporting commitment through the weekly team updates
- Processing samples received
- Labeling, logging, organising and filing samples
- Preparing samples for meetings
- Maintaining the departments range and samples
- Driving the press sample process to ensure that the department offer is fully potentialised
- Ensuring production samples are received in time to pre shoot for online sales
- Maintaining the latest imagery of samples
- Preparing samples in readiness for 3PE partner meetings
- Basic understanding of trade reports
- Basic understanding of trade decisions
- Attending Group Trade meetings
- An understanding of the New Look Customer
- Basic understanding of our Customer Insight and Market Share
- Actively contributing in trend and competitor analysis, making recommendations for changes or developments
- Ongoing familiarity of the competition’s product range
- Completing and reporting back on NL store visits and competitor shops
- PC literate - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- An understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the high street
- Positive role model and supportive of team and peers
- Confident communicator
- Team player
- Demonstrates passion for Product
- Effective time management
- Previous experience working in Fashion/Retail and/or as a Buying Admin Assistant is desirable
- Fashion Qualification/Other degree would be beneficial
Why New Look?
At New Look we take pride in career progression, offering internal promotions to candidates who are ready to step up the career ladder. We also offer everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
Come join us and see it for yourself. You have to experience it to truly believe it.
Just one more thing
We know that job descriptions do not always let your unique work history show- if you do not meet all of our requirements but you still think you’d be a great fit for this role… apply anyway!
Apply online. Closing date is 17 June.