Shelly Goldsmith joined the University for the Creative Arts in 2013 as a Senior Lecturer teaching on the BA Fashion Textiles: Print program and recently also contributing to the MA Textiles for Fashion and Interiors. Shelly had previously contributed to programs within the university as a visiting lecturer and external validation panel member.
Prior to joining UCA she devised and established the Textile Art Department at Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton, leading both the BA and MA programmes.
Shelly has taught across a number of textile design and fine art programs within the UK, in Australia, Japan and Europe. She is an experienced external examiner; she has acted as an advisor on Bachelor of Arts validations and UK funding bodies.
Shelly graduated with an MA with distinction from the Royal College of Art, previously with a Bachelors degree from West Surrey College of Art and Design, now UCA Farnham.
She has exhibited at major galleries and museums in Britain, in Europe, the USA and Japan; her work is in many notable public collections including the Victoria & Albert Museum; Nottingham Castle Museum and the Whitworth Museum, Manchester.
Shelly is an active researcher, investigating textiles at the cusp of fine art and craft practice. She was awarded the prestigious Jerwood Prize, for Textiles and short-listed for the LICC International Creative Award. She contributes to conferences and seminars and has authored articles for magazines, journals and catalogues.
Shelly is co-founder of studio tippinggoldsmith creating gallery, site specific and public realm work for a wide arena.
Engaging with textiles within a gallery and site specific context I often respond to historical environments and/or partnerships such as the Forensic Science Service, the Herbarium at the Natural History Museum or the Harris Birthright Centre for Neonatal Medicine at Kings College Hospital.
Using methodologies and theories borrowed/inspired by these partnerships, I am most concerned with exploring and presenting latent experience and memory inherent in worn clothing. I am concerned especially with the fine veneer of cloth that stands between us and the world; often a veil to the interior storm or psychological landscape.
I work with a collection of gathered and/or gifted garments. ‘Listening’ carefully to the stories these reclaimed garments present enables narrative to develop, especially when imagining the cloth’s ability to carry memory, to absorb and reflect experience.
The final artworks are often presented as a metaphor for emotional states, common human experience and present an opportunity for self- reflection and personal insight.
My most recent (Arts Council and UCA funded) work explores the imprint of our ‘sense of self’ onto the inside ‘private’ surface as well as the ‘public’ external surface of the clothes we wear – making visible psychological emotions thoughts and memories. Working with Dr. Herminia Hernaiz- Sanders Clinical psychologist at the Maudsley Hospital, London I am exploring the ‘Locus of Control’ theory.
Working with a range of traditional hand-methods as well as new textile technology, I’m interested in the individual and interrelated power for expression and communication they present and the material and conceptual relationships which ensue.
- 2015 - Drawn to Ohio, The Rochester Gallery, Kent
- 2011 - The Lovers, PublicArtHouse, Duke of York Pub, Tonbridge Wells, UK
- 2006 - becoming Victoria & Albert Museum, Crafts Council showcase
- 2001 - Ripened, The Angel Row Gallery, Nottingham, UK
- 1999 - Dew Point, Centre de Documentacio i Museu Textil, Terrassa, Spain; PriceWaterhouseCoopers, London, UK; Gallery Aoyama, Tokyo, Japan
- 1997 - flow, Barbican Arts Centre, London, UK
- 1995 - L Space, Canberra School of Art, ACT, Australia
- 1992 - Vital Spark, Gainsborough’s House, Suffolk, UK
- 1989 - Shaheid’s Mother, Issey Miyake, London, UK
- 2016-17 - Haptic-Tacit, Leyden Gallery, London & Gallery at the Old Fire Station, Oxford
- 2016 - Art Textiles, The Whitworth Gallery, Manchester A curated collection, Sarah Martin, Axis Contemporary
- 2015 - Four Threads The Worshipful Company of Haberdashers for Open London Festival; -The Dreaming House: Art Textiles at Newstead, Nottingham; -The Art of Bereavement UCA Crafts Study Centre, Farnham; -RE-FASHIONED: Garments as Art, Gallery at the Old Fire Station, Oxford; -Crafting Anatomies, Bonnngton Gallery, Nottingham Trent University
- 2014 - Moving Textiles: Digital Encounters, UCA, Canterbury; -No Particular Order, Fran Flowers at RESORT Margate; -Metamorphosis, TO3 Textile Incubation Centre, Ronse, Belgiuim; -Lace Effects 1, Cite International de la Dentelle et la mode de Calais
- 2013 - Group show accompanying the Howard Hodgkin - In an Empty Room exhibition UPDOWN Gallery, Ramsgate, Kent
- 2012 - The Bolingbroke Hospital: A view Looking Back, CAA Gallery, London; -Bitesize, Diawa Anglo Foundation, London, GalleryGallery, Kyoto & Nagoya University of the Arts and Science, Nagoya, Japan; -Pairings II conversations & collaboration, Stroud Museum, Stroud International Textile Festival. Stroud
- 2011 - Lost & Found, Nottingham Castle Museum and Art Gallery, Nottingham
- 2010 - Revealing Evidence, Pitzhanger Manor Gallery and House London; -Print Now, BEARSPACE, Deptford, London Art Fair
- 2009 - Turner Open Turner Contemporary, Margate
- 2008 - Four Seasons Gallery DODO, Tokyo, Japan; - Indelible: Every Contact Leaves a Trace Fabrica, Brighton
- 2008 - Cloth and Culture Now Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts,Norwich & The Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester; -Collecting a Kaleidoscope, Designed&Made, Newcastle / touring
- 2007 - 150th Anniversary Album The Victoria and Albert Museum; -Eye of the Needle: Threads of History, Touchstones Art Gallery, Rochdale; -Deep Inspirations, Jerwood Space, London
- 2006 - Obsession, Sartorial Contemporary, London; -Out of Place, The New Art Gallery, Walsall; -Threadbare, Waterside Arts Centre, Manchester; -Depth of Field: conversations between photography and Textiles, mac, Birmingham/ touring
- 2005 - koko-ima/here-now Gallery Kaze Tokyo, Japan; -Reveal: Nottingham’s Contemporary Textiles Nottingham Castle Museum
- 2004 - Crafts Council & Millennium J Gallery Aoyama, Tokyo, Japan; -Threads, Nottingham Castle Museum, Nottingham; -Japanese & British Art Now - A Review, Art Planning Room, Aoyama, Tokyo, Japan
- 2003 - What is Craft ? hub: The center for craft design and making, Sleaford, Lincolnshire UK; -Kanazawa World Craft, Forum Korinbo Daiwa; Utatsuyama Workshop; Kanazawa New Grand Hotel, Kanazawa Japan; -Material Spaces: Textile Perspectives in Mixed Media, Tullie, House Museum and Art Gallery, Carlisle; -Jerwood Applied Arts Prize: Textiles Ettrick Riverside, Heriot Watt University, Scotland
- 2002 - Jerwood Applied Arts Prize: Textiles The Crafts Council,
- 2001 - Succulent Fruits, Spica Museum Tokyo, Japan
- 2000 - ripe, 3-up series, Crafts Council, London; -Arttextiles 2, Bury St. Edmunds Gallery and touring; -Fold, The Newspaper of the unconscious - the Freud Museum, Hampstead, London
Lectures, Talks and Conference Papers:
- 2016 - Lecture, School of Materials Royal College of Art -My Cloth’ 2 day workshop to accompany Yinka Shonibare’s, ‘British Library’ , Turner Contemporary
- 2015 - ‘Souvenir’ 2 day workshop to accompany Grayson Perry’s ‘Provincial Punk’, Turner Contemporary; -Lecture, West Dean College Making in Contemporary Fine Art Practice, Symposium
- 2015 - Selector for the Whitchurch Mill Textile -Lecture and 2 day Seminar & workshop to accompany Richard Tuttle’s Turbine Hall installation ‘I don’t know or the Weave of Textile Language’ Tate Modern & Whitechapel Gallery
- 2014 - Speaker and panel member at Crysalis, Digital Encounters Conference, UCA Canterbury
- 2014 - Textile Master Class, The Beaney Art Gallery & Museum, Canterbury
- 2010 - Lecture for the ‘Threads of Feeling’ exhibition the Foundling Museum, London
- 2008 - Youth Projects Leader, Folkestone Triennial, Folkestone, Kent
-‘Enfolded Meanings’ lecture at the National Gallery Symposium
- 2005 - Fabriconversations Symposium, presented lecture at Nottingham Trent University as part of the Fabrications Festival; -At the Edge: Extending Textile Boundaries, presented lecture at Textile Forum South West Conference,
- 2004-2006 - Selector for ARTAPESTRY exhibition, European Tapestry Forum, Copenhagen
- 2004 -Selector for American Tapestry Biennale exhibition, American Tapestry Alliance; -Lecture at Brunel Broderers Symposium, Gloucester Museum and Art Gallery, Gloucestershire Conversations in Contemporary Craft, lecture V&A Museum; - Lecture Textile Vocabularies-Innovation in Practice Heriot Watt University; -Lecture Arttextiles 2, Conference, Collins Gallery, University of Strathclyde, Scotland / Bury St. Edmunds Gallery
Citations and publications:
- Balshaw Maria/Harris Jennifer/ Bryan-Wilson/Barnett Pennina/ Artists in Art_Textiles, The Whitworth University of Manchester Publishers, Exhibition Catalogue 2016 pg 50-51
- Hall Jo/ Drawn to Ohio in Embroidery Magazine Nov/Dec 2015, pg 7
- Creative Textiles Research Group, Nottingham Trent University Crafting Anatomies, Performative Anatomies, ntu publication 2015, pg 3, 11
- Rossi-Camus Jenna / Prof. Buck MBE Margaret /Harmer Denise /Williams Serena Digital X Historical in Digital Encounters, UCA publication, Exhibition Catalogue, 2014.
- Barber Swindells Ruminations with Shelly Goldsmith in Mining Couture. A Manifesto for Common Wear, Black Dog Publishers, 2012, pg 18-23.
- Timothy Wilcox/ C Penny, Tapestry: A Woven Narrative , Black Dog Publishers , 2012
- Woods, Liz, The Bolingbroke Hospital: a view backwards, Exhibition Catalogue, St. Georges Hospital Charity Pub. June 2012, pg 2,9,10,13.
- Hemmings, Jessica, (Editor), Wildgoose, Jane, Considering the Evidence, Part II MEMORY, The Textile Reader , Berg Pub, June 2012, pg 64-67.
- Kettle, Alice, Mason, Dawn, pairings II Conversations & collaborations, Stroud International Textiles Pub, May 2012, pg 5,8,30,42.
- Kinnersly -Taylor, Joanna, Dyeing and Screen printing on Textiles, A&C Black Pub, 2012.
- Bowles, Melanie & Isaac Ceri, Digital Textile Design - Second Edition, Laurence King Pub, 2012, pg 143, 160-1.
- Millar Lesley, Bitesize – Miniature Textiles From Japan And The UK, Exhibition Catalogue, Oct 2011, pg 38.
- Dupree, Dawn, Heat Transfer Techniques , A &C Black Pub, July 2011, pg 50, 70,71, 72.
- 10 to See : Recommended Exhibition this season, Aesthetics Magazine, September 2010, pg 21
- Goldsmith, Shelly, Scrap of a thing: 18th-Century Textile Tokens from the Foundling Museum, Selvedge Magazine, issue 36, Sept/Oct 2010, page 37 – 40
- Love, Emma, Things Seen And Unseen, Craft Magazine, Sept/Oct 2010, pg 56- 59
- Leonard , Polly, Goldwork, Selvedge Magazine, Sept/Oct 2010, pg 07
- Scott, Jo, Diary, embroidery Magazine, Sept/Oct 2010, pg 11
- Bonnar Julie, Showtime, Sewing World, October 2010, pg 69
- Sterk, Beatrijs, Preview, European Textile Forum, 3/2010, pg 22
- Elliott Grey, Christine, Cloth & Culture Now- Exhibition Review, Textile :The Journal of Cloth and Culture, Berg, Volume 7, Issue 2, July 2009, pg 252-255
- Bowles, Melanie & Isaac Ceri Digital Textile Design, Laurence King Publishers, June 2009, pg160-161
- Crichton-Miller, Emma, Wall to Wall Winners. Financial Times, Nov 10th 2008
- Unknown, Creative feat using worn shoes, Kentish Express, Thursday August 21st 2008 pg 9
- Gordon, Hattie, , Indelible: Every Contact Leaves a Trace - Exhibition Review , embroidery Sept/Oct 08 pg 57
- Moloney, Clare, Review of the Exhibition Indelible: Every Contact Leaves a Trace
- Wildgoose, Jane, Reviewing the Data, Charting the Flow, 2008
- Hall, Jo, News, embroidery, May/June 2008, pg 7
- Millar, Lesley (editor), Shelly Goldsmith, Cloth and Culture Now Exhibition Catalogue Jan 2008 page 8, 27, 99, 158-161
- Colchester, Chloe, Textile, Art and Culture Textiles Today: a global survey of trends and traditions, London, Thames and Hudson, 2007, pg 166, 167
- Walters, Sarah The Craft of fine art, Manchester Evening News, Friday July 13th 2007, pg 16 & 17
- Stanley, J Five Questions for…….METRO life Newspaper ( Manchester), Thursday August 2nd 2007, pg 22
- Hopkirk, E Great British talents pay tribute to V&A’s 150 years, Evening standard, Thursday 28th June 2007, pg 22-23
- Goldsmith, S ‘Tilleke Schwarz: Mark Making’ book review, Crafts , No 207 July/August 2007, pg 70-71
- Williams, Rhiannon, Review of Depth of Field: Conversations Between Photography and Textiles, Selvedge, Issue 16, March 07, pg 89.
- Goldsmith, Shelly , Deep Inspiration, Asthma UK January 2007, page 21
- Donovan, Louise, Year 12 and 13 Shelly Goldsmith Art Workshop, St Michael’s Catholic Grammar School Newsletter Dec 2006, page 2
- Unknown, Exhibition combines artforms, Derby Evening Telegraph Newspaper, November 10th 2006
- Sterkaoui, S, Shelly Goldsmith, New Art on View, Scala Publications, Walsall, October 2006, pg104, 105, 109
- Hoggard, Liz, Pear-shaped stories, Crafts, No.202 September/October 2006, pg 56-61
- Hemmings, Jessica, Review of Threadbare Exhibition, Crafts, No.202 September/October 2006, pg 65
- Gubb, Mark S, What’s on Previews, a-n Magazine, September 2006, pg 12
- Webb, Jane, Review of Depth of Field: Conversations between textiles and photography, Embroidery Magazine, May/June 2006
- Enright, Shane, Review of Depth of Field: Conversations between textiles and photography, Crafts magazine, May/June 2006, pg 62-63
- Astley, Conrad, Dressing up an art form, metromagazine, Friday, May 19th 2006
- Unknown, Review of Depth of Field: Conversations Between Textiles and Photography, Muse, Issue II Space Form & Time, May 2006
- Goldsmith, S, At the Edge: Extending Textile Boundaries, Textile Forum South West, At the Edge: Personal concepts for Textile Practice and Production, Taunton, March 2006 page 18-23
- Friedman, Alex and Laffer, Christine, Tapestry Topics, A Quarterly Review of Tapestry Today, Vol. 32 No.1 Spring 2006, pg 1
- Grimley, Terry, Living in a material world, Birmingham Post Newspaper, Monday 30th January 2006
- Lukowski, Andrezej, A stitch in past time, Metro Life, Metro, Tuesday 17th January 2006, pg 31
- Friedman, Alex and Laffer, Christine, Letter from the Directors, Tapestry Topics, A Quarterly Review of Tapestry Today, Vol. 31 No.4 Winter 2005, pg 1,2
- Becker, Lutz, (director) Millar, Lesley (concept and production), what is cloth to me ?, 21:21 – the textile vision of Rieko Sudo and Nuno, FILM, October 2005.
- Fielding, Amanda, The place of textile artworks in contemporary architecture, New Art Centre, Roche Court, Sept. 2005
- Hemmings, Jessica, Defining a moment, Fiberarts Magazine, Sep/Oct 2005, pg 30-33
- Millar, Lesley, Shelly Goldsmith, Revealed, Nottingham, Sept 2005, pg 2,3, 14,15,44,45
- Falconer, Morgan, Memories clothed in disturbing oddities, Times Newspaper, September 27th 2005, pg 24
- Goldsmith, S, Children of the waters Selvedge’ Magazine, issue 04 Jan/Feb 2005, pg 52-53
- Goldsmith, S Conversations in Contemporary Craft, COLLECT Art Fair, Victoria and Albert Museum, Bibs bonnets and pin wheels; from London and Japan, London 2004 V&A archive library
- Goldsmith, S , Published procedure of Working Together, Gloucester Museum and Art Gallery, Construction/Deconstruction, Gloucestershire, Dec 2004, pg 7-10
- Lee Smith, Barbara, Review of Textiles Perspectives in Mixed Media Sculpture book, Fiberarts Magazine, Nov/Dec 2004. pg 24
- Marcus, Sharon, ATA Tapestry Topics, American Alliance, Quarterly review of Tapestry Art Today, Summer 2004, Vol.30, No.2, pg8
- Unknown, Research Trip, a-n Magazine, August 2004, pg 21
- Woolf, Diana, Jerwood Applied Arts Prize, COLLECT Catalogue V&A Museum, February 2004, pg 18-29
- Unknown, Crafts Now- 21 Artists from America, Europe and Asia, World art and Craft Forum Catalogue, Feb. 2004, pg 44
- Scott, Jac, Shelly Goldsmith; Creative Journeys; Plastic; In: Textile Perspectives in Mixed Media Sculpture, Wiltshire, The Crowood Press, 2003, pg 19, 23, 27, 28, 38, 112,-113
- Hemmings, Jessica, Fashion Theory: Wearable Art and Conceptual Clothing, Embroidery Magazine, Vol 54, November 2003, pg 12-17
- Scott, Joanna, What is Craft, Hub exhibition catalogue, October 2003, pg 60
- Lack, Jessica Material Spaces, Guardian Unlimited, September 2003, guardian.co.uk/arts
- Hollingworth, Hilary Material Spaces, Embroidery Magazine, 2003, pg 48
- Madden, Nina, Jerwood Prize Winner Profiles, a-n magazine Online, 2003
- Schoeser, Mary, Review of the Jerwood Applied Arts Prize 2002: Textiles, CRAFTS Magazine, Vol. January/February 2003, and pg 51
- Binns, Polly, Review of the Jerwood Applied Arts Prize 2002 : Textiles, Exhibition. Textile. The Journal of Cloth and Culture, Vol. 1, Issue 1, 2003, pg 87-91
- Unknown, Gold Standard, Times Educational Supplement, 1st November 2002
- Coatts, Margot, Weaving a New Path, CRAFTS Magazine, Vol, January/February 2002/174
- Unknown, Jerwood Prize winner revealed, Design Week, 3rd October 2002
- Evans, Jonathan, Dressing Down, Independent Newspaper, 3rd October 2002
- Millar, Lesley, Introduction, In: Jerwood Applied Arts Prize 2002:Textiles, London, Crafts Council, 2002, pg 6, 12-13
- Unknown, One Last thing, Elle Decoration Magazine, September 2002
- Unknown, Pure Fabrication, Independent on Sunday,15th September 2002
- Unknown, Material Whirl, Sunday Express, 29th September 2002
- Leonard, Polly, Jerwood Prize for Applied Arts 2002: Textiles Embroidery Magazine, September 2002
- Unknown, News and Views, The Journal of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, September 2002
- Unknown, Very Crafty, Girl about Town Magazine, 23rd September
- Unknown, The needle for far greater freedom, Ham and High Express,27th September 2002
- Unknown, Art Focus Magazine, October 2002
- Unknown, Time Out, 16th October 2002
- Unknown, Ai Magazine, 11th October 2002
- Unknown, This is London Magazine, 11th October 2002
- Unknown, BBC Arts Newsletter, 11th – 17th October 2002
- Unknown, Art Review, September 2002
- Unknown, The World of Interiors Magazine, October 2002
- Unknown, The Art Newspaper, September 2002
- Unknown, Evening Standard Metro Life Magazine, 26th September
- Leonard, Polly, Gallery : Never-ending ecosystems, Embroidery Magazine, Vol 53, July 2002, pg 31-33
- Unknown, Now, International Textiles Magazine, Aug/Sept 2002
- Neal, Ross, A mixed-up material world, Blueprint Magazine, October 2002, pg.8
- Unknown, Dressing Down, Independent Newspaper, 30th October 2002
- Bell, Kathryn, BAN Dialogues Develop, BAN Exhibition Catalogue, 2002, pg 6, 4
- Unknown, City of Culture Vultures, Nottingham Arrow, October 2001
- Yahir, Yasmin, Ripened, September 2001
- Unknown, Art textiles 2, Northern Echo, 11th January 2001
- Leonard, Polly, Art Textiles 2, Fiberarts Magazine, Vol. 28, No.1, Summer 2001
- Unknown, Arttextiles, The Crack, February 2001
- Nicol, Gillian, Fabric of Society, Metro Life-North East, January 11th 2001
- Unknown, Arttextiles 2001, The North Guide, January 2001, pg 24
- Maiden, Emma, Beyond the Cutting Edge , CRAFTS Magazine, January/February 2001, pg 27-29
- Unknown, Fabrication, a-n Magazine, October 2001
- Fielding, Amanda, Tapestry, In: Works selected from the Crafts Council collection 1973-2000, London, Crafts Council, September 2001, pg 1
- Goldsmith, Shelly, Tapestry, Contextual Essay, In: Works selected from the Crafts Council collection 1973-2000, publication, Crafts Council, September 2001, pg 5
- Lack, Jessica, Arttextiles, Guardian Guide Magazine, 9th September 2000
- Chila, Kumari Burman, a-n Magazine February Issue II 2000
- Johnson, Pamela, Arttextiles, CRAFT Magazine , September 2000, pg 20
- Mitchell, Victoria, Arttextiles 2, Artists Newsletter Magazine, November 2000, pg 6
- White, Andrew, Playing up the textiles, The Daily Echo, 15th September 2000
- Roux, Caroline, Off the Wall, The Guardian Space Magazine, 20th January 2000
- Theophilus, Linda, Shelly Goldsmith: Tapestry Weaver, In: ripe, London, Crafts Council, 2000, pg 26-39
- Taylor, Louise, Introduction, In: ripe, London, Crafts Council, 2000, pg 8
- Maharaj, Sarat, Selectors in Conversation, In: Arttextiles 2, The second major survey of British artists working with textiles, Bury St Edmunds Gallery, 2000, pg
- Johnson, Pamela, Thinking Process, In: Arttextiles 2, The second major survey of British artists working with textiles, Bury St Edmunds Gallery, 2000 pg
- Davis, Bridget and Koumis Mathew, Shelly Goldsmith In : Core, Southampton, Southampton University for the Millais Gallery, 2000, pg 2, 10-11, 20,21,24
- Unknown, Survey of the “Arttextiles” in Great Britain, Textile Forum Magazine, June 2000
Professional Membership, Affiliation and Consultancy
Shelly is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and member of the European Textile Network, the Slow Textiles Group , the Textile Society, Contemporary Applied Arts and the Assembly of Artists.
She was a Trustee for The Crafts Council of Great Britain 2006-2014
Visiting Lecturer 2006-2017
- Bath Spa University - BA Multi Media Textiles
- Royal College of Art – MA Multi Media Textiles
- University of Ulster – BA Contemporary Textiles
- Swansea Metropolitan University – BA Textile Practice
- Norwich School of Art – BA Textile Design
- Goldsmiths, University of London - MA Textiles & BA Textiles
- Mentor for the Crafts Council’s Hothouse Program
- Selector for ARTAPESTRY exhibition, European Tapestry Forum, Copenhagen
- Manchester Metropolitan University - Validation Panel member for BA Textiles in Practice
- Grant advisor to The Wellcome Trust
- Selector for Nottingham Contemporary Open Exhibition
- Selector for The Textile Prize - The Art Foundation
- Selector for American Tapestry Biennale exhibition, American Tapestry Alliance
- Validation panel for BA Fine Art, University College Chichester Sussex
- MA Program Development - Middlesex University, Opus School of Textiles
- Advisor to Purchasing Panel/Crafts Council Contemporary Collection
- University for the Creative Arts Research
- Arts Council funding
- Theo Moorman Trust – Research trip to the Museum Dr. Guislain, Ghent, Belgium
- Shortlisted for LiCC London International Creative Prize
- Arts Council Grants for the Arts, Travel Award to Japan
- Wellcome Trust Funding Award
- Arts Council England & Creative Partnership Kent, Artist in Schools
- UK Trade and Investment Grant in collaboration with the Crafts Council of Great Britain
- Research Award, University of Southampton
- Jerwood Applied Arts Prize: Textile
Commissions and Collections 2000-2015
- Worshipful Guild of Haberdashers CollectionWhiteleaf Hospital Glazing screen artworks - New Mental Health Hospital, Commissioned by Artscape: Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- Under Your Shade Day Treatment Unit - Oxford Cancer Centre, Churchill Hospital . Oxford
- The Bolingbroke Hospital : A view Looking Back. St. George’s Hospital Charity. New work
- Pairings II - conversations & collaboration. Collaborative ‘pairing’ project with Dr. Annie Shaw (MMU) for Stroud International. New work
- The Lovers PublicArtHouse in collaboration with Royal Tonbridge Wells Museum. Site specific installation
- Jane Barr Memorial Commission
- Purchases by the Contemporary Art Society Collection Scheme
- Nottingham, Contemporary Textile
- The Crafts Council of Great Britain Collection
- The Victoria & Albert Museum Collection