Lesley is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA) and an Academic Member of the Board of Governors at UCA.
Lesley has a first-class (Hons) Graphic Design degree and worked commercially within the industry as a designer and animator before graduating with her MA Animation degree from the Royal College of Art in 1991.
Lesley has co-directed several Arts Council funded films and events, including the award-winning Channel 4 and Arts Council England funded film ‘Postcards of Belief’. She has also curated animation screenings at Bradford International Animation Festival, National Film Theatre in London, Cardiff International Animation Festival, the Lightbox in Woking and the Black Film Makers Festival in London
Most recently Lesley was co-curator for the Making Time: Works Inside Animation exhibition at the James Hockey Gallery in Farnham.
Individually mentored students, through the application process and portfolio development, for Post Graduate courses at the Royal College of Art and National Film and Television School. In this period of time out of the 47 students who have applied for Post Graduate courses, 43 students were successful in achieving places (29 to the RCA and 14 to the NFTS). (1996 -)
Professional Membership, Affiliation and Consultancy
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
- Member of HEA, NAHEMI and Animation Alliance UK.
- Member of Learning & Teaching and Academic Quality Committee
- External Panel Member, School of Art Validation, University Centre Croydon/ University of Sussex (2017)
- External Examiner, University of Bolton, BA (Hons) Animation & Illustration (2016 -)
- External Examiner, University of South Wales, BA Animation Direction, Animation (2D & Stopframe) & Computer Animation (2015 -)
- Industry Advisor, Directing Animation at the National Film & Television School (2012 – 2015)
- External Examiner, Staffordshire University, BA Design: Animation (2002)
- Validation Panel Member, Staffordshire University, BA/MA Design: Animation (2001)
Lesley has received two Teaching Excellence Awards (2006 and 2011) and has been nominated for an Excellence in Leadership & Management Award (2008/09) and by the students for an ‘Awesome Tutor’ Award (2016) and ‘Best Staff Member’ (2017).