Michael Thomas has been a practising interior designer since graduating from the University of Brighton, being involved in a wide range of sectors including Commercial Design, Retail Design, Hotel and Leisure Design, as well as Residential Design - both in the UK and abroad.
Senior Lecturer, BA(Hons) Interior Architecture & Design, Year 1 Leader BA(Hons) Interior Architecture and Design; Member of Subject Board; Year Tutor; Admissions Tutor; Peer Observer.
Other Internal Roles:
- PGCHE Kingston University 2000
- 1999 to date: University for the Creative Arts Farnham
- 1992 Senior Creative - Design Consultants Rutson Page PLC
- 1983 Head of Design- Design and Build Consultants Stram Ltd.
- 1981 Designer - Consultants Michael Royston Studio
- BA (Hons) 3D design – Interior Design, Brighton University (1981) CNAA
Scholarly Activity other than research, including pedagogic development:
Recipient of the Directors Fund (awarded for 2002-2003) – outcome (Alt-Space project) and dissemination through CADE 2004, Copenhagen – development of rapid sketch modelling software to explore the more intangible aspects of interior design in its broadest sense e.g. lighting and audio-visual technologies.
Knowledge Transfer Partnership
Outcomes (in the form of course materials, access to sites, work placements, digital assets – images, drawings, video footage and technical information) from the 2 KTP programmes developed to enhance the curriculum.
- +44 (0) 1252 892 891