Career planning and management are important for researchers. Whether you are a part-time or full-time researcher, UCA specialist Careers Advisers can work with you to explore options and to plan your career.
You can arrange a 1:1 confidential careers guidance consultation at your local campus. To schedule an appointment, contact your Gateway or email the Careers & Employability team via email@example.com. You can also access careers advice and guidance via their email, telephone and Skype service.
Careers workshops and events
Specific topics for researchers are available as part of the webinars put on by the Research Office, but you can also attend Careers & Employability workshops and specialist events, which are scheduled throughout the year at each campus.
Careers & Employability have a range of resources aimed at helping you with your career research and planning, which include:
- UCA Careers & Employability website
- myUCA Student Portal (see the myCareer tab)
- A careers library at each campus with a broad collection of careers books relating to career development, career management and employability.
External Links & Resources
- Arts & Humanities Research Council
- Beyond the PhD
- jobs.ac.uk: Careers Advice
- LinkedIn: PhD Careers Outside of Academia
- RCUK: The Impact of a Doctoral Career
- Prospects: Your PhD, What Next?
- Vitae: Researcher Career Stories
- jobs.ac.uk: Career Development Toolkit for Researchers
- Vitae: Careers for Researchers in Higher Education
- The League of European Research Universities
You can find the latest jobs and links to other specialist job sites on our vacancy pages.
For finding more specialist academic, research, managerial and support roles in higher education plus vacancies in other public and private sector bodies, keep an eye on the following sites: