Book your place
For International students starting in January, there is a fee to pay for booking the Meet & Greet service. However, it is cheaper than taking a taxi from outside the airport. It also allows us to offer you arrival support if you are delayed or need help finding your accommodation.
To reserve your place and see a list of current prices click on the link below:
Further information about our Meet & Greet service
Who is entitled to use the paid Meet and Greet service?
All new international students on undergraduate, postgraduate, pathways (International Foundation and Graduate Diploma) and Further Education courses.
How much would a taxi cost if I did not book in advance?
Taxis can sometimes cost up to double our Meet and Greet price, if you take them from the airport without a reservation. Therefore, if you are planning to travel by taxi to your campus, it is recommended to reserve before arriving at the airport.
Never get into an unmarked car claiming to be a taxi outside an airport. These vehicles may not be licensed, may not have been checked out by the authorities and may not be safe. They are also more likely to overcharge you.
What do I do if my flight details change after booking?
Email email@example.com and inform us of the change. Please include your student number in your email.
When will the representative meet me at Arrivals?
The representative will meet you at Arrivals 45 minutes after your plane lands. If the representative has not arrived to meet you at this time, they have probably been delayed in traffic around the airport. Please wait another 20 minutes and then call +44 (0) 7534 011 065 and we can update you on where the representative is.
What if my flight is delayed?
Your UCA representative will check your arrival time and will be there to meet you 45 minutes after you land, even if your flight is delayed.
What if I am delayed in Customs?
Don't worry! A UCA representative will wait for you in the Arrivals Hall at the airport. If you are delayed in Customs, please call: +44 (0) 7534 011 065 and we will let the representative know.
What do I do if I get lost, or if I can't find my UCA representative?
Call us on +44 (0) 7534 011 065. Your advisor will contact your UCA representative and tell them where to find you.
If I arrive at night or early in the morning, can I still use the service?
Yes you can, but we do recommend that you try and arrive between 9am and 5pm, so you can get to your campus during normal working hours.
How long will it take to get to my campus (approximately)?
Meet & Greet service
Heathrow to UCA Farnham
Heathrow to UCA Epsom
Heathrow to UCA Canterbury
Heathrow to UCA Rochester
Gatwick to UCA Farnham
Gatwick to UCA Epsom
Gatwick to UCA Canterbury
Gatwick to UCA Rochester
Can I bring my parents or relatives?
Yes you can. We provide a standard four-seater taxi free of charge. However, you are responsible for making sure there is enough space in the taxi for passengers and baggage. If you are travelling with more than one person or have large amounts of luggage, there may not be enough space and you will have to book and pay for an additional taxi yourself.
When is the best time for me to arrive?
We would recommend that you choose a flight which allows you to arrive on your new campus after 9am and before 5pm, as there will be more Accommodation staff available to help you during these times. Keys can be collected at any time but there will be fewer staff to help you out of office hours.
Will someone be waiting for me on campus?
Yes. When you book the Meet & Greet service we can estimate your arrival time and tell our Accommodation team when to expect you. They will then arrange your accommodation arrival time accordingly. However, if you do arrive after 5pm and before 9am, our Security team will show you to your accommodation.
Do I have to use the Meet & Greet service?
No, but we strongly recommend that you do. If you are making your own way to your campus you will need to advise us of your expected arrival time, so we can ensure there will be someone waiting for you to take you to your accommodation.
24-hour UCA Meet & Greet emergency telephone number: +44 (0) 7534 011 065
Terms and conditions
These are the terms and conditions for using our Meet & Greet service:
- By booking the Meet & Greet service you are agreeing to UCA's terms and conditions.
- Please turn on your mobile telephone when you enter the terminal building at the airport. You will need to provide us with this telephone number when booking.
- If you are delayed in Customs, you should call the UCA 24-hour Meet & Greet emergency telephone line on: +44 (0) 7534 011 065. If you are delayed for a long time in Customs, and you have not notified us, our representative may leave the airport without you.
- If you cannot find your UCA representative, call the UCA 24-hour Meet & Greet emergency telephone line on: +44 (0) 7534 011 065 and the advisor will tell you where to go.
- If you are travelling with a guest, you do not have to pay extra but you must make sure that one taxi is large enough for all passengers and luggage. If an additional taxi is required for your guests or luggage, you will need to book and pay for it yourself at the airport.
- Under no circumstances should you leave the airport other than with your UCA representative, as this will incur additional charges.
- If you wish to cancel a booking before your arrival date you should email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Cancellations are not accepted later than the Monday (midnight) before you are due to use the service.