University for the Creative Arts (UCA) is committed to sustainable development and reducing the environmental impact of activities through our teaching, research and day to day operations.
UCA’s approach to sustainability focuses on eight core areas:
- Robust policy and governance structures led by the Vice Chancellor, managed by Estates and Facilities, and monitored through an cross-campus, cross-curricula Environment & Social Sustainability Working Group (ESSWG)
- Integration of Education for Sustainability into all UCA courses
- Research and knowledge transfer activities related to sustainability has been completed by The Centre for Sustainable Design® since 1995
- Commitment to improving environmental performance e.g. 26% reduction in carbon emissions between 2014/15 and 2005 baseline
- Integration of sustainability into procurement policy and guidelines
- Improving the provision of sustainable food by Catering Services
- Encouragement of staff and students engagement in social and environmental sustainability projects
- Awareness raising on sustainability through the organisation and promotion of events and activities.